User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Paul View Post
    Greetings,

We have a 2018 Imagine 2500RL and would like to purchase and mount a bike rack on the rear bumper. As you are aware space is at a premium as the ladder and spare tire take up room already. In addition the bumper itself is set into the rear wall by almost an inch.

I've also heard the bumper may need to be reinforced with a bolt on kit before it can stand the stress of a bike rack.

Has anyone already purchased a rack that is working well? And can make a recommendation. We want to carry two regular style mountain bikes.

Thanks for any and all help.

Chris
    Chris, I went with a Swagman 2-bike rack & it has performed flawlessly for thousands of miles. It is a rack that has a bolt-on receiver hitch. I know this has been discussed quite a bit on this forum, and many have pointed out that it would void the warranty unless reinforced at the frame. I assumed a little risk management & just bolted mine on. After thousands of miles, I have not seen any adverse effects on the bumper or rack. One of the main reasons I went with this rack is I saw it on another trailer & it did not bounce hardly at all. Of course that will vary from setup to setup I'm sure.

Safe Travels! -Diego

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We added a front receiver to truck then purchased a platform style rack for our two bikes. I would post picture but I don't know how.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Grand Design Imagine 2250RK. We installed our own make shift Bike Rack in the bed of our F150 which only has a 5.5ft bed. We just did a YouTube video on how we installed it and how it works. The video will release Next Sunday (Dec 8). I have included the link down below if you would like to check it out when it comes out. We looked at a ll these other bike carriers and knew we did not want to install one on the camper bumper, but all the others were so expensive. So we built it ourselves and installed it for under $40. Everything we used has links in the video description. And we are not endorsed or sponsored by anyone so it is all our unbiased opinions. Check out the video and we hope it helps you and saves you a lot of money and work.

https://youtu.be/uHH3vC4g3f8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

As Gran, I use the Swagman TRAVELER XC2 on my FFW for 2 bikes,

For your information,

here is my question to GD and the answer about this,

Q: " Hi,
    Can I used the 2'' hitch back of my Reflection 337RLS to install a bike rack platform style like Bike Rack ( Without the adapter provided with) or Curt or Reese model.
    Regards"

A: " Thank you for contacting Grand Design RV. We apologize for the delay in response to your hitch inquiry. The 2” hitch receivers, are designed for bike racks as for the type or brand of bike rack. This would be aftermarket and at owner discretion.

Have a wonderful day!

Thank you,

Nicholas Cotner
    Regional Service Manager
    RVIA/RVDA Registered Technician
    574-825-9679--Phone
    574-825-9249—Fax

PS. Be sure is to be rated for RV as this model and I always used a security straps attached to the bumper:

Francois
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190330_101339.jpg  
    Francois And Sylvie
    GMC Sierra 2500HD 2017 Diesel/Duramax RSW
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    Curt Q25

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second sande005's comment about rear racks. A receiver welded to the frame is the only way to make sure your bikes arrive at your destination with you. We had to wait 2 yrs to add it to our old Jayco 5er to avoid voiding the warranty. Fortunately, our new Reflection 29RS came with the receiver already welded on.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly recommend an aftermarket receiver hitch which is attached (properly) to the frame. And as for the rack, Yakima Longhaul (check out Amazon). We had a Mount-N-Lock bumper bracket receiver that failed and dumped 2 $1000+ mountain bikes onto the interstate. They were carried on a Longhaul, when held them on the rack and the rack itself held up, needing only $20 in the replacement of plastic saddle (on one arm) and replacement of 1 of the carry arms (runs from handle bar post to seat post). Both bike took heavy damage, with one a total loss. The second was repaired with parts from the totaled bike and two new wheels. One driver who stopped and helped load the entire rack/bikes combo into the back of the pickup, saw what happened an was amazed the rack survived and held the bikes in place. Otherwise they would have been all over 2 lanes of I-90 in the Montana mountains.

The same Longhaul is now on the aftermarket Curt hitch/receiver on our 2600RB. I have no reason either will fail us.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    I highly recommend an aftermarket receiver hitch which is attached (properly) to the frame. And as for the rack, Yakima Longhaul (check out Amazon). We had a Mount-N-Lock bumper bracket receiver that failed and dumped 2 $1000+ mountain bikes onto the interstate. They were carried on a Longhaul, when held them on the rack and the rack itself held up, needing only $20 in the replacement of plastic saddle (on one arm) and replacement of 1 of the carry arms (runs from handle bar post to seat post). Both bike took heavy damage, with one a total loss. The second was repaired with parts from the totaled bike and two new wheels. One driver who stopped and helped load the entire rack/bikes combo into the back of the pickup, saw what happened an was amazed the rack survived and held the bikes in place. Otherwise they would have been all over 2 lanes of I-90 in the Montana mountains.

The same Longhaul is now on the aftermarket Curt hitch/receiver on our 2600RB. I have no reason either will fail us.
    This is why I liked our bike rack that was on the front of our previous tt on top of the propane tanks as there was no bounce and u could always see the bikes. Seen too many instances of people’s bikes being dragged down the road and not knowing it
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrhudy21 View Post
    We have a Grand Design Imagine 2250RK. We installed our own make shift Bike Rack in the bed of our F150 which only has a 5.5ft bed. We just did a YouTube video on how we installed it and how it works. The video will release Next Sunday (Dec 8). I have included the link down below if you would like to check it out when it comes out. We looked at a ll these other bike carriers and knew we did not want to install one on the camper bumper, but all the others were so expensive. So we built it ourselves and installed it for under $40. Everything we used has links in the video description. And we are not endorsed or sponsored by anyone so it is all our unbiased opinions. Check out the video and we hope it helps you and saves you a lot of money and work.

https://youtu.be/uHH3vC4g3f8
    Video is currently flagged as Private, so not available. I'll check back after 12/8. I too built my own in-bed rack for about the same amount. It will be interesting to see how you did yours!
    Since we now own two very expensive e-bikes, I am now pondering the best ways to shield from weather (and prying eyes) while on the road...
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I had my North Trail TT we got into MTBs and wanted to bring them along. I bought a mount to move my spare tire to the front A-frame. I bought a Swagman 2" receiver designed to be bolted onto the RV bumper. If your bumper has full welds, Swagman stands behind their product.

We went with Kuat brand racks. We started with the Sherpa 2.0 and I loved the light weight. However the system didn't work for my plus tires, and we traded up to the NV 2.0. Since the NV 2.0 rack system can be expanded to 4 bikes, I figure the rack can handle 2 bikes on the back of my RVs without much worry. I also bought the Hi-Lo from Kuat to move the rack rearward and up. I've been very happy with the NV 2.0.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the Lippert Jack It that mounts on the tongue jack on our Imagine 2600RB. I carry two high end mountain bikes and love it. GD does not recommend carrying bikes on back bumper as it not attached to frame. Go to Lippert.com and read up. Most stable rack I have ever had.
    John Carney
    The Villages, FL
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast