User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Furrion Oven

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My oven takes at least 2 minutes to stay lit. I can hear a clicking while holding in the pilot and when the clicking stops the stove stays lit. I am not sure this makes any sense at all but it works.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunDog View Post
    My oven takes at least 2 minutes to stay lit. I can hear a clicking while holding in the pilot and when the clicking stops the stove stays lit. I am not sure this makes any sense at all but it works.
    The clicking is the igniter shooting a spark at the pilot light trying to light it.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, wicked ace has the work around to an unsolved problem.

Light the pilot, let it burn for a couple of minutes, then light the burner and it stays lit.

The manual says that the pilot should light within 5 seconds. If it does not turn off, wait 2 minutes and try again. once the pilot is lit hold for 10-15 seconds, repeat if the pilot goes out.

Now to the root cause of the problem, if it is air in the lines, how does it get there? Comment was made that the valves are not that good...does that mean that propane in the line is leaking past the valve when turned off? Need help getting my head around this! As mentioned above the top burners work fine.

BTW, this was another issue Lazy Days Tucson were supposed to have addressed, their service department is a joke.

Enjoying the winter weather in Lake Havasu City

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scousers View Post
    OK, wicked ace has the work around to an unsolved problem.

Light the pilot, let it burn for a couple of minutes, then light the burner and it stays lit.

The manual says that the pilot should light within 5 seconds. If it does not turn off, wait 2 minutes and try again. once the pilot is lit hold for 10-15 seconds, repeat if the pilot goes out.

Now to the root cause of the problem, if it is air in the lines, how does it get there? Comment was made that the valves are not that good...does that mean that propane in the line is leaking past the valve when turned off? Need help getting my head around this! As mentioned above the top burners work fine.
    Enjoying the winter weather in Lake Havasu City
    I made the statement on the valves. I think I should explain further. There is a button you push while turning the igniter to light the pilot, that is a temporary bypass of the oven fuel gas to get the process started lighting the pilot flame. Once the pilot is lit and the thermocouple is hot, it generates a small voltage that allows the oven's valve to open. Then you can turn the adjustment knob (another valve) at the oven panel to light off the burner. All of this takes a little time to go through and normalize. If you want instant gratification you'll need to spend a lot more.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With mine, the pilot light will stay lit when I release the knob after about 30 seconds and then when I turn the valve to my desired temperature, the main burner will light for approx. 30 seconds then go off. If I hold the pilot on, with the lighter sparking for two minutes or so, it will stay lit. It would seem, that when the main burner fires off, everything should be good, but apparently the thermocouple is not very close to the main burner.
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopperud View Post
    With mine, the pilot light will stay lit when I release the knob after about 30 seconds and then when I turn the valve to my desired temperature, the main burner will light for approx. 30 seconds then go off. If I hold the pilot on, with the lighter sparking for two minutes or so, it will stay lit. It would seem, that when the main burner fires off, everything should be good, but apparently the thermocouple is not very close to the main burner.
    I adjusted the thermocouple so that it was right in the pilot flame and the burner when it is lit. Still had the same problem you describe.

The Wicked ace workaround works but it should not be necessary.

Len

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like an issue we had years ago at home. The problem was solved with a new thermostat. It is possible they got a bad batch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the exact issue after one year of use in our Reflection with stove and oven working properly. We could light the stove burners only when the pilot light was burning and only then with a stick lighter. The auto spark was working but not lighting the burner. Dealer found the stove top had dropped due to screws backing out. You could not see this without removing the sealed stove top. This messed up the alignment of the thermocouples. They also found the regulator pressure to be slightly low. After securing the stove top in its proper place and a pressure adjustment the stove burners were fixed.
    The oven pilot light would light with the auto spark and the burner would light but not stay burning. Sometimes took three to seven tries before the burner would stay on. Found the pilot light tubing and burner thermocouple were dirty. Blew out the debris and the oven is working well again.
    Hope this helps!

Dallistravels

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New to RVing. I really wanted a oven when I was looking at trailers. When I got it I could see it was basically only big enough to handle a pizza. Disappointed.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    New to RVing. I really wanted a oven when I was looking at trailers. When I got it I could see it was basically only big enough to handle a pizza. Disappointed.
    I can’t imagine what pizza would look like coming out of the oven. I only baked one thing in it since we’ve owned the trailer-a pan of cornbread. Per the toothpick test, it was thoroughly done in the prescribed time, but it looked horrid! Color on top was same as when it went in. Never turned the oven on again.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast