User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Furrion Oven

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Oven

Our Furrion oven is a pain. We light it and the pilot light comes on, usually takes a few tries for it to stay lit. Put on the burner and it lights but after a few seconds it goes out, along with the pilot light. Repeat procedure and the same result. Usually at the third try the oven will stay lit.

I have adjusted the thermocouple so that is right in the middle of the pilot flame but with no improvement.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scousers View Post
    Our Furrion oven is a pain. We light it and the pilot light comes on, usually takes a few tries for it to stay lit. Put on the burner and it lights but after a few seconds it goes out, along with the pilot light. Repeat procedure and the same result. Usually at the third try the oven will stay lit.

I have adjusted the thermocouple so that is right in the middle of the pilot flame but with no improvement.

Any ideas??

Thanks
    Are you holding the "light" button in for a few seconds after lighting before releasing it? Have you purged the propane line to the stove prior to lighting it?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How confident you don't have some air in the system? For instance, just today took both of my cylinders to be refilled and bled off quite a bit of air in the process. Once you light a burner, what do the tips of the flame look like?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're not happy with our oven either for the same reasons. The stove top lights up fine so there is plenty of gas to it. The pilot doesn't like to stay lit & when it finally does and we turn the knob to set the temp the burner won't stay lit. We've owned 6 previous trailers and have never had this problem.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Are you holding the "light" button in for a few seconds after lighting before releasing it? Have you purged the propane line to the stove prior to lighting it?
    What Livin' says....you probably have air mixed in the propane line so it's not enough to stay combustible when you turn on the burners. Let the pilot stay lit for a couple minutes after it's lit and then turn on the burners. The valves on the the Furrious ovens aren't the best so they leak off.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure we have no air in the lines, but will check and report back. Never had this problem on previous trailers.

Thanks for the input.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem. I have to hold the knob and infighter for about 1 minute before it will stay on. Very frustrating.
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopperud View Post
    I have the same problem. I have to hold the knob and infighter for about 1 minute before it will stay on. Very frustrating.
    When we had some warranty work done we told the repair company about this issue.
    The tech called Furion and they told him it could take up to 3 minutes to get the pilot to stay lit.
    And they said this info is in the operation manual. I haven't checked the manual to see if it states that or not.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopperud View Post
    I'm not picking on you... yea, ok maybe I am. That post could be used as an example under the definition of a "first world problem".
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I'm not picking on you... yea, ok maybe I am. That post could be used as an example under the definition of a "first world problem".
    So true, but I need both hands to get the ice out of the ice maker to make my mai tai and I don't get a good view from the oven while the game is on the satellite TV while I'm in the middle of nowhere. There are limits to roughing it after all.
    2017 F350 4x4 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast