Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Furrion Oven

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    I can’t imagine what pizza would look like coming out of the oven. I only baked one thing in it since we’ve owned the trailer-a pan of cornbread. Per the toothpick test, it was thoroughly done in the prescribed time, but it looked horrid! Color on top was same as when it went in. Never turned the oven on again.
    N
    As we looked at used TT we wondered why the ovens looked brand new. Now I know why...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same oven issue for us, too. We "bleed" the gas line by lighting the stove. Oven pilot light will not stay lit. Took over 40 minutes to get it to stay lit.
    Then, set oven to 400F. It got to 381F. Set to 425F. Got to 384F. Set to 450F. Got to 420F. Dealer says "works as designed". I say "designed poorly."

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same problem with our 2019 320MKS Reflection. We bleed the air out of the lines by lighting the stove cooktop burners. Usually we do this anyway so that the refrigerator (which is farthest away from the propane tanks) will light. Then it takes 3 - 5 minutes or so to get the Furrion oven pilot to stay on so that the pilot button can be released. The oven can be on and working well for 30 minutes, then the next thing you know, it is off and temperature is dropping. I adjusted the thermocouple position to be directly over the pilot flame. We took it in to Sonny's RV in SC, where we bought it last year, with a list of warranty items to be addressed but they ignored this item for some reason. It is now out of warranty. We have a date to have it fixed locally but we will have to pay for it and try to get reimbursed from GD.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    As we looked at used TT we wondered why the ovens looked brand new. Now I know why...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    Yes! Exactly!
    Bruce just brought up a good point. LP gas gives off a lot of moisture as it burns. In such a small oven, with no convection fan or means of escape, that moisture can’t dissipate. Guess we’re all steaming food in our ovens!
    N
    Last edited by Houndbb; 11-25-2019 at 04:17 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVoyager View Post
    Same oven issue for us, too. We "bleed" the gas line by lighting the stove. Oven pilot light will not stay lit. Took over 40 minutes to get it to stay lit.
    Then, set oven to 400F. It got to 381F. Set to 425F. Got to 384F. Set to 450F. Got to 420F. Dealer says "works as designed". I say "designed poorly."
    We are so disappointed with this oven. We’ve had all of these same issues. Dealership replaced it with a new one and it works about the same as the first one. Hard to light. Nothing bakes evenly. Temperature is all over the place. A simply batch of cookies is not worth the trouble. Beautiful to look at but that’s about it. (2018 303 RLS Reflection).
    [SIGPIC]2018 GD Reflection 303RLS
    2003 Chevy 2500HD Duramax CC SB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, we had a similar issue and the solution turned out not to be with the propane. Does your oven have the "white stone" for lack of a better description. It needed to be "perfectly" aligned with the metal frame beneath it. In our case, it seemed to be an airflow issue inside the over around the stone. Has the same issues that others talked about before learning this nuance for the oven. Agree that the accuracy of the temperature leaves a lot to be desired, haven't quite come up with the cheat sheet for setting to real temperature yet!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the OP on this thread let me try to give some good news (eventually).

Here we are at Lake Havasu City (LHC)for the winter. The oven was its usual self when all of a sudden it went worse. The pilot took a dozen tries to light, then eventually the main burner would light, the go out after a minute or so.

Emailed Furrion with a description of the problem and got a fairly quick response that said out of warranty, buy a new oven...see our web site. Checked the web site, $850 just for the oven. Could not find it on Amazon. Called RV country in Laughlin (70 miles away), they said they could work on it if I brought it in.

Checked with my neighbor at Crazy Horse Campground (year round resident) and he suggested calling Cowboy RV and Marine in LHC. What a response, went to see them, said they could not come out until the next day. Called that day and said they would be an hour early if that was OK! Tech arrived, I demonstrated the problem and he informed me that Furrion (who is owned by Suburban, did not know that) had a batch of bad orifices delivered that were too large and could not regulate the flow which lead to the gas blowing out.

Cowboy RV is now pursuing the paperwork to get it fixed under warranty/recall. Anyone in the LHC area put this company on speed dial!

As for Grand Design, Lazy Days and Furrion they can KMA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did things turn out for you? Did Furrion replace the oven? Has there been a recall?

We’ve had the same issue for a few months. Our oven refuses to stay lit. It’s infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Scousers View Post
    As the OP on this thread let me try to give some good news (eventually).

Here we are at Lake Havasu City (LHC)for the winter. The oven was its usual self when all of a sudden it went worse. The pilot took a dozen tries to light, then eventually the main burner would light, the go out after a minute or so.

Emailed Furrion with a description of the problem and got a fairly quick response that said out of warranty, buy a new oven...see our web site. Checked the web site, $850 just for the oven. Could not find it on Amazon. Called RV country in Laughlin (70 miles away), they said they could work on it if I brought it in.

Checked with my neighbor at Crazy Horse Campground (year round resident) and he suggested calling Cowboy RV and Marine in LHC. What a response, went to see them, said they could not come out until the next day. Called that day and said they would be an hour early if that was OK! Tech arrived, I demonstrated the problem and he informed me that Furrion (who is owned by Suburban, did not know that) had a batch of bad orifices delivered that were too large and could not regulate the flow which lead to the gas blowing out.

Cowboy RV is now pursuing the paperwork to get it fixed under warranty/recall. Anyone in the LHC area put this company on speed dial!

As for Grand Design, Lazy Days and Furrion they can KMA.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like all of you with oven lighting problems are the lucky ones. I can hold the igniter in for 5 minutes and listen to the tick tick tick and never even get the pilot to ignite in the first place. Let alone getting it to stay lit! I gave up and use the convection oven if we need to bake anything. That's not ideal either but it's better than nothing I guess.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went another route to "fix" our oven. A double door toaster oven sitting on the hutch does a wonderful job on all our baking/toasting/warming needs. Picked it up at a local bargain store, it was made for Costco originally.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast