User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Order placed

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Order placed

I don't like holes in RVs, so I'm not a fan of the phrase, "Pulled the trigger" that seems popular with a crowd younger than me these days. So, I'll simply say that the order was placed for our 2020 Solitude 310GK-R today. I corresponded with Jerry McCarthy at GD and they are going to "put a hold" on the unit when it comes off the line. We will then coordinate with MORryde and GD will pull the RV to MORryde to have the IS and disc brakes installed. When MORryde is finished, GD will then retrieve the trailer and ship it to our dealer in Augusta, GA, where we will take delivery around 1 March 2020. The extra lead time is to allow for the MORryde installation.

Configuration/options:

Residential refrigerator (as designated by the "R")
    Linen decor (we saw it in person and it's a bit darker than we expected - so Laura's not concerned about keeping it clean)
    Dual pane tinted windows
    Solar package w/300 panel, 2,000 watt inverter
    Slide toppers
    And... of course - the MORryde independent suspension and brakes

We have scheduled our medical/dental appointments in Augusta for the last week of February, so we'll start heading that way a few weeks prior. We're really excited about moving into our new home!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Rob. Hope you have many years of trouble-free enjoyment. We love our 2018 model. Your good experience with the IS/disc's has made me think of doing the same with our next unit.
    Good luck!!
    RobM
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Rob. Our order is similar (less the R & Dual panes & Suspension). We ordered two weeks ago and where told It may be built by the end of the month. Not sure if that is good or bad (build during thanksgiving) but we are excited for its arrival.
    Last edited by Tall Paul; 11-18-2019 at 07:37 PM.
    2020 Solitude 310GK
    2017 F350 Diesel CC SRW

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Sounds like it will be a nice setup for comfortable towing.

Doing some research on disc conversion given the high praise from those that have converted. Not sure what to expect from my vantage being that I've towed trailers all my life with the heavier ones having drum brakes whether electric or hydraulic actuated. Have only towed our new Solitude ~1300 miles so far, and feel it brakes well with the big RAM and I of course use the engine brake advantageously. However, the simpler maintenance definitely has appeal! Hoping to cross paths with folks like yourself as we begin to travel longer, more frequently, and take in the firsthand opinions.

Thank you for your service.

Good luck with your new Solitude!

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Congratulations! Sounds like it will be a nice setup for comfortable towing.

Doing some research on disc conversion given the high praise from those that have converted. Not sure what to expect from my vantage being that I've towed trailers all my life with the heavier ones having drum brakes whether electric or hydraulic actuated. Have only towed our new Solitude ~1300 miles so far, and feel it brakes well with the big RAM and I of course use the engine brake advantageously. However, the simpler maintenance definitely has appeal! Hoping to cross paths with folks like yourself as we begin to travel longer, more frequently, and take in the firsthand opinions.

Thank you for your service.

Good luck with your new Solitude!
    Thanks, Rob. As for the brakes, the things I noticed after having them installed on the Reflection (which, after all, has a GVWR only 1,000 lbs. less than the Solitude 310) are these:

1) Panic stops - the entire rig will stop in about 1/3 the distance in a panic stop after the disc brake conversion. This was demonstrated both before and after conversion by people pulling out in front of me.

2) Less fading on those long six mile, 6 and 7% grades in places like the central Rockies, the Sierras, and The Grapevine north of LA.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the order was placed for our 2020 Solitude 310GK-R today
    Congrats! I'm curious. . . . What are they quoting you for lead time to build? We too are planning to order a 310GK however don't need it here till ~April or May (otherwise it'll just sit here in the cold).

Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob & Laura - congratulations on another step in your GDRV journey ! Look forward to continued sharing of details and pictures in the spring.

How did you learn about contacting Gerry and his team to have GDRV coordinate the delivery and retrieval of your 310 with MORryde.....is this normal for GDRV to do if asked or one of those special handling things ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Rob & Laura - congratulations on another step in your GDRV journey ! Look forward to continued sharing of details and pictures in the spring.

How did you learn about contacting Gerry and his team to have GDRV coordinate the delivery and retrieval of your 310 with MORryde.....is this normal for GDRV to do if asked or one of those special handling things ?

Dan
    FYI The Mor/ryde salesman, Gary Wheeler is at the National Rally every year and he is very well acquainted with all the folks at Grand Design and well liked I might say. I doubt the coordination is any big deal.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    FYI The Mor/ryde salesman, Gary Wheeler is at the National Rally every year and he is very well acquainted with all the folks at Grand Design and well liked I might say. I doubt the coordination is any big deal.

Red
    Thanks, Red. Yes, every time we walked by Gary's trailer at the National Rally in August, he was a man in demand and quite busy.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations you two on the new acquisition! After talking to you and doing a lot of research I was convinced disc brakes would be an excellent idea; experience has proven that to be the case. After pulling our 337 several thousand miles I can say that if we were full time I would also go with the IS. Bet your new Solitude will be awesome and I hope you guys enjoy it for a long time.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Steve and Peggy
    Based in beautiful East Tennessee
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4 CTD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast