Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haul Gauge

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    I am, however, anxiously awaiting @Paul_Lori_Millie impression as well as @JDWHSKY report.
    DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT. I just moved the trailer yesterday, and totally forgot to do this.... I was just moving it to a different storage place, so I didn't really get much of a chance to think about it. I promise I'll mess with it today!!!!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clanker24 View Post
    If the accuracy margin is 10% I would think this is useless.
    I don't know if that is a fair statement. Yes, 10% can be a big number. However, my school of thought is I don't want to be running at less than a 10% margin. It puts too much strain on everything anyway, and leaves little margin of error. I purchased this device to give me a ballpark idea of where I'm at. I know it's not going to be as good as the scales the State Troopers have (even CAT is off by a decent margin - that's how they guarantee you won't be overweight).

I get the whole "toy to monitor", but this isn't a monitoring thing, this is another check in a checklist.

Just my opinion, and like belly buttons, everyone's got one...

Have an awesome day!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Lori_Millie View Post
    DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT. I just moved the trailer yesterday, and totally forgot to do this.... I was just moving it to a different storage place, so I didn't really get much of a chance to think about it. I promise I'll mess with it today!!!!
    LOL, it's all good! We all get that "Sometimers" every once in a while...

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would see this device as useful if you were a commercial truck driver and you needed some idea of exactly what your load weight is.

Personally, the stuff we carry when camping does not vary by much. Consequently, a trip to the CAT scale when we are loaded for camping is all I need. If I am close on my weights, I would get a "Smart Weigh" (from Escapees) to find out exactly how I am balanced and if I need to shift some weight to one side or the other (or front to rear).

I think if you are Full-timing a trip across a Cat scale once or twice a year, just to see if you are putting on some pounds, would be a good idea. However, I don't think recreational campers need the dynamic, real-time, information on the weight this device can provide.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update 11/24/19.

Calibrated the F250 weight which was easy plus it automatically read the VIN.

Calibrated the tongue hitch weight (with unloaded F250 and TT), again it was easy. Calibrated without the WDH and with the WDH. Needles to say the WDH evened out the front, tongue and TT within 100 pounds.

Calibrated the F250 and TT (both fully loaded) with the WDH (without fresh water and full holding tanks BUT with 50 gallons of diesel fuel in the F250) and the pickup bed was fully loaded (chairs, etc.). The calibration showed a slight increase on the tongue which placed a little more (100 pounds) on the rear F250 axle. I am within towing limits on F250 and trailer.

Overall, I am very pleased with the results which saves me time and money at the CAT scales every time.

Now off to visit family and friends for several months and enjoy our Reflection …. Don
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDWHSKY View Post
    Update 11/24/19.

Calibrated the F250 weight which was easy plus it automatically read the VIN.

Calibrated the tongue hitch weight (with unloaded F250 and TT), again it was easy. Calibrated without the WDH and with the WDH. Needles to say the WDH evened out the front, tongue and TT within 100 pounds.

Calibrated the F250 and TT (both fully loaded) with the WDH (without fresh water and full holding tanks BUT with 50 gallons of diesel fuel in the F250) and the pickup bed was fully loaded (chairs, etc.). The calibration showed a slight increase on the tongue which placed a little more (100 pounds) on the rear F250 axle. I am within towing limits on F250 and trailer.

Overall, I am very pleased with the results which saves me time and money at the CAT scales every time.

Now off to visit family and friends for several months and enjoy our Reflection …. Don
    Thank you for the update! They too travel with a consistent load and just decided to take it to a CAT scale, see where they're at, and go from there. They were more curious about the unit than truly interested though. Safe travels!

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12