User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealer that I'm having problems with Warranty wise, is also giving me problems all around. They charge $250. for NYS DMV registration fees.....on top of a $75. fee for doing the legwork. All good I guess, at least for the fee. They have to make profits somewhere. In hindsight, I'd have done the legwork. Anyway, the NYS DMV registration cost only $106.50. So when do I get the remainder of my $250.? When I ask, the point out that per the sales contract, they have 60 days to refund my money. And, they intend to take all 60 days. Fast forward to day 60......no refund. 11/29/14 will make day 90. We'll see if I get my check. When I questioned the finance supervisor he told me not to worry because "it wasn't that much money". I suggested that he refund me personally, ASAP, and then he could wait for the refund, since it wasn't that much money! He didn't want to do that. Huh!?
    My point being that I'm shocked at how poorly this dealership has treated this customer. The bar is apparently set so, so low! Pre-purchase, I had no idea. Plenty of my friends and fellow campers have commented on my 369 RL. It is a beautiful unit. But I tell them that I don't know where they can get one. I won't send them to my dealer. No way! I can't afford to lose that many friends!
    Greg & Sherry
    Stormy - Beagle/Springer Spaniel
    2015 Solitude 369 RL #2950
    2013 GMC 2500 HD Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have expressed: Thank you Mr. Fenech for reading, listening, thinking about, and exchanging thoughts.
    Happy Grand Thanksgiving.
    Rich Kaiser
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gws154 View Post
    The dealer that I'm having problems with Warranty wise, is also giving me problems all around. They charge $250. for NYS DMV registration fees.....on top of a $75. fee for doing the legwork. All good I guess, at least for the fee. They have to make profits somewhere. In hindsight, I'd have done the legwork. Anyway, the NYS DMV registration cost only $106.50. So when do I get the remainder of my $250.? When I ask, the point out that per the sales contract, they have 60 days to refund my money. And, they intend to take all 60 days. Fast forward to day 60......no refund. 11/29/14 will make day 90. We'll see if I get my check. When I questioned the finance supervisor he told me not to worry because "it wasn't that much money". I suggested that he refund me personally, ASAP, and then he could wait for the refund, since it wasn't that much money! He didn't want to do that. Huh!?
    My point being that I'm shocked at how poorly this dealership has treated this customer. The bar is apparently set so, so low! Pre-purchase, I had no idea. Plenty of my friends and fellow campers have commented on my 369 RL. It is a beautiful unit. But I tell them that I don't know where they can get one. I won't send them to my dealer. No way! I can't afford to lose that many friends!
    Sounds like this dealer is definitely one to stay away from. Care to share the name of this dealer with the rest of the community so we can stay away? Tell our friends? Hit em where it hurt$ the mo$t? Maybe that will help force a change in the way they conduct business.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment, the dealer in question still has my Solitude. Considering that, it seems unwise to mention their name. For now. With any luck at all, they'll come through for me. My fingers are crossed! If not, I'll have more to post about my experience, at which time I'll list them by name. Until then, I'm trying to take the high road!
    Greg & Sherry
    Stormy - Beagle/Springer Spaniel
    2015 Solitude 369 RL #2950
    2013 GMC 2500 HD Diesel

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's about 4 hours south of you, but we will work on your Solitude if needed.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill--as shared by others, I too appreciate your timely response. I am not surprised as it is just another ongoing example of your commitment to improving the RV product and experience.

My wife and I have been buying RVs for more than 30 years and remain extremely impressed by the GDRV product, customer service team, and the leadership/ownership involvement/commitment shared by you, Ron, and Don. The RV industry shares many of the same vendors and those components will perform (or not perform) with similar frequency. However, the difference in RV manufacturers/dealers will be what happens next.

As a leader of top performing insurance industry customer service teams for more than 20 years and then owning commercial real estate investments for 10 years, every business has constant challenges and opportunities. Too many do just enough and too few do enough to set the world on fire. I am confident that GDRV will continue to wow and substantially improve the RV product and experience. If we as proud owners can help in any way, please let me/us know.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Jerry McCarthy and I drafted a long response and when I checked back it wasn't sent because I had bad service. I tried to resend it but it would not go because it logged out. When I logged in again it vanished. Bummer.

We will resend something when we return from the Louisville RV show next week. (If anybody knows how to retrieve my response, please help.).

Thanks,

Bill

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill--we have all had similar experiences losing communications on the web. For more lengthy items, I draft using Outlook and then copy/paste to sites like this. Not only do you have a copy if lost on the web but you can use all the tools Outlook has to offer. Look forward to your and Jerry's feedback. Thank you.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea, thanks!

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fenech View Post
    Great idea, thanks!
    Isn't it time for you to fly home soon??

Nice to see all you guys again....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast