User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone:

I’m sorry for the time it has taken for me to respond. Last week was our busiest week of the year. I was at the Louisville RV Show and the first reply I sent was lost. No excuse, just some reasons…. By the way, we had a terrific Louisville Show – the dealers loved our new floorplans and the way we do business.

I am going to try to address all of the comments/questions on this thread. If I miss something or if you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

* We have structured the company to take great care of our dealers in all areas. We feel if we do this, then they are in a better position to take care of you – our mutual retail customers. We are doing things most of our competitors are not. No competitor is doing ALL of the things we are doing to help our dealers. It seems to be working because our dealers gave us incredibly high scores on an independent survey by the Recreational Vehicle Dealer Association. We won the Dealer Satisfaction Index Award for the second year in a row. In my opinion, we also have the best dealers in the industry, which should also increase service satisfaction. We were very picky and critical in determining which dealer would represent the Grand Design products. However, the comments above would indicate that there is much need for improvement, especially as it relates to long lead times and distance to dealer, and we understand that. If you find that the lead-time is too long or if you are a long ways from your dealership, please call our customer service department. There are times when we can help find faster alternatives. For the “Do-it-yourselfers”, there are occasions when we are willing to send parts directly to the customer. Our ultimate goal is to get your units repaired in a timely manner and get you camping as quickly as possible. By spring/summer of 2015, we will be introducing a Retail Customer Trouble Shooting App. It will contain videos, answers to FAQ’s, troubleshooting ideas, etc. We feel this will help with the overall customer experience.

* I sincerely believe that we have raised the bar on quality and are building the best RV on the market. One of the things we do is perform a Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) on 100% of all units that ship to a dealer. This is in addition to extensive system and quality checks on line. I am not aware of another manufacturer that does this. This is a very large expense but we feel it is worth it. Our dealers consistently tell us that our units come in with much better quality than our competitors. With that being said, issues still come up that are frustrating for all of us. These are homes on wheels that will inevitably experience some need for warranty work. We do not build a perfect unit but we are sure trying hard to do so. And when the issues do arise, I assure you that we will take care of you. Another issue that is frustrating is recurring issues. We have terrific feedback to the appropriate people to make the necessary changes to fix the problems. Unfortunately, the problem is sometimes with our supplier and the number of alternative suppliers is very limited on some items. No excuses, just the facts. We do not accept this and we will make the changes to correct the problem but sometimes it takes longer than we would all like.

Sorry for the long response but there is so much great stuff that we are doing that I would love to share with all of you. If you are ever in our area, PLEASE stop by for a plant tour. I am positive you will be impressed with what we are doing.

Thanks for all of your support, Happy Camping and Happy Holidays!

Bill Fenech

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fenech View Post
    Hi everyone:
    By spring/summer of 2015, we will be introducing a Retail Customer Trouble Shooting App. It will contain videos, answers to FAQ’s, troubleshooting ideas, etc. We feel this will help with the overall customer experience.
    Very glad to hear this....what a great help this would be!!!!!

“Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.”
    ~Walt Disney

Keep up the great service.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had our fair share of issues as well, but I have never experienced factory support like we have received from Grand Design. From Dean Brovont in customer service, Micah Staley the Reflection GM, to Mr. Fenech himself personally taking the time to remedy our issues. That is a company standing behind their product, and with some frustrating issues behind us, we are proud Grand Design owners for the long haul!
    Sean and Donna Duling
    2015 Reflection 337rls #627
    1996 F-350 CC 4x4 DRW 7.3L
    Ferndale Wa.

Bwilkins

Wilkins rv

Greg & Sherry,

My name is Brian Wilkins and I am the owner at Wilkins Rv. In reading your post, I fear that you may be talking about our dealership. If you could give me a call tomorrow, I will get involved and help you to get your issues resolved. Please know your business and satisfaction are important to us. Please call me at 607-725-0728.

Sincerely,
    Brian wilkins

Quote Originally Posted by gws154 View Post
    The dealer that I'm having problems with Warranty wise, is also giving me problems all around. They charge $250. for NYS DMV registration fees.....on top of a $75. fee for doing the legwork. All good I guess, at least for the fee. They have to make profits somewhere. In hindsight, I'd have done the legwork. Anyway, the NYS DMV registration cost only $106.50. So when do I get the remainder of my $250.? When I ask, the point out that per the sales contract, they have 60 days to refund my money. And, they intend to take all 60 days. Fast forward to day 60......no refund. 11/29/14 will make day 90. We'll see if I get my check. When I questioned the finance supervisor he told me not to worry because "it wasn't that much money". I suggested that he refund me personally, ASAP, and then he could wait for the refund, since it wasn't that much money! He didn't want to do that. Huh!?
    My point being that I'm shocked at how poorly this dealership has treated this customer. The bar is apparently set so, so low! Pre-purchase, I had no idea. Plenty of my friends and fellow campers have commented on my 369 RL. It is a beautiful unit. But I tell them that I don't know where they can get one. I won't send them to my dealer. No way! I can't afford to lose that many friends!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. Fenech, thanks for you're reply. The fact that you participate on this blog the way you do, in addition to what you write, indicates to me that Grand Design really puts "it's money where it's mouth is." I greatly appreciate that, and I appreciate the information and input that you have posted here. In the end, I'm very glad to have purchased my Solitude 369 RL! I've had a dozen wonderful nights in my camper, I've enjoyed them all immensely, and the features and design of the unit have a lot to do with that. I look forward to many, many more dozens of nights in my 369RL, in the campgrounds all over the US in the coming years.
    That said, I thoroughly regret buying at my local dealer. I understand that my opinion may be a "grass is greener" view, as I haven't worked with other GD dealers, but I was unable to get my Solitude serviced and into my storage building prior to winter. In my opinion solely due to my dealer's inability to execute repairs on a short list of warranty issues in a reasonable amount of time. It will now sit outside, in the winter weather, all winter long, as I can't get it into my building after the weather turns....and here, the weather has turned.
    Going forward, I will bring the camper to the manufacturing facility for any warranty issues that I might have, and when I have to pay for repairs, they'll be done elsewhere. I'm just thoroughly disgusted with the dealership that I purchased from.
    In the end, my issues are clearly with the dealership, and not Grand Design. I look forward to the return of my Solitude, and also to the future of Grand Design. Thanks again for your attention on this forum and in general. I certainly appreciate it.
    Greg & Sherry
    Stormy - Beagle/Springer Spaniel
    2015 Solitude 369 RL #2950
    2013 GMC 2500 HD Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just retrieved my 369RL from the dealership, 56 days after leaving it with a list of about 12 items to address. While I have a sour taste in my mouth from this first service encounter with my local dealership, it appears that they have adequately addressed the items on my list. Granted, I just did a walk-through review of the repairs, which isn't the same as living in the unit, using the components and features. I looks though as the repairs were made as I requested.
    Throughout these 56 days, I've interacted with the owner of the dealership, the service manager, at least two service writers, the salesman that sold us the camper, a dealership finance representative, and at least one mechanic/repair technician type guy. I hope I didn't omit anyone, but I think that this is just too many people to have to deal with just to get some relatively simple warranty work completed. And 56 days is too long of a period of time to complete that process.
    I'm now square with the dealership, and vice-versa. I don't owe them anything and they don't owe me anything. I just hope that I don't need any more warranty work. When I do, or if it's just regular maintenance, I'm unsure what I will do, or where I will go. I just look forward to April 2015, and our next opportunity to camp. Walking through my Solitude today has created a bit of a case of spring fever!
    Greg & Sherry
    Stormy - Beagle/Springer Spaniel
    2015 Solitude 369 RL #2950
    2013 GMC 2500 HD Diesel

droidguru
    After reading this forum I think dealership issues are fairly common. They shouldn't be but it seems to be a common within the industry. I try to mark down the names of those who are relatively laid back and take their lead when addressing issues. For instance I took ownership of fiver in October 2014. The first trip, the actuator screw stripped and the slide-out failed. After some pushing the dealer and GD both stepped up and got me back on the road for our end of the season outing (the biggest trip of the year). After that trip I took it back to the dealer for three minor issues, they have had it ever since.

To recap:

Took delivery went on camping trip broken actuator (one week)
    Dealer repair (6 days)
    End of the season camping trip (one week)
    Back to dealer (ever since)

So for a rig I bought in October it has never really left the dealer lot.

Now full disclosure, I'm not really pushing the issue. It was winterized and the dealer called me a few times to test the waters and I told them two things (no storage fee charges) and (I want it back by April). Not really demanding in my book. Funny that the temp tag is still on the back, my actual plate came a day after I dropped it off the second time!

The current problem is a bead leak, GD authorized a new rim but when it was sent it wasn't the right rim. They apparently stopped making that rim (it is now cosmetically different). So they are trying to get three more like it and they are just going to replace them all.

Such is life, if there is no harm then there is no foul I guess.

Looking forward to the thaw so I can get on the road again, the beer just doesn't taste the same sitting in my front yard :-)

Happy New Year to all, I wish all of you an adventurous year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234