Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ngblive View Post
    Hi all,

I just de-winterized my 395m. I was able to get steady water flow when hooked up to the city water and having my nautilus set to ‘city water’ however when I turn the system to dry camping and turn of the land line my cold water begins to sputter and my hot water stops working entirely. I have done the following:

- ran all faucets to remove the air
    - released my hot water tank check valve to get air out.
    - open my lowpointa again to drain air
    - released the pressure a couple of times on my outdoor shower setup
    - moves back and forth between city and dry camping setting with the same results
    - I have had some success using dry camping while keeping those hose connected and pressurized. When I do this my hot water doesn’t work.

I am somehow getting air in my lines and it is very frustrating. Any guidance is welcome.
    On one of the lines connected to the side of your water pump there's probably a plastic case containing a sediment filter. Sometimes it gets loose, sometimes it cracks, sometimes a tech will remove it after winterizing (they did ours!) It may be worth looking at that.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

Just closing out on this topic. In short the water is working just fine now (a couple of weeks later) when disconnected and set to dry camping. In long, I had to leave it alone as I couldn't get into a Grand Design dealer and thus had to use it Boondocking for a couple of days. It must have just been a need to keep running the water, although doing so for several days seemed excessive.

I did speak to GD service department and they thought I had a bad black valve in my nautilus, however, everything is back on track.

I will get back on here if I have any further issues.

Thanks again for the responses.

Nick

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One thing to check. Just in front of the pump is a filter. I have had issues with the clear plastic cover being cracked and loose fittings connecting it to the pump. As this is the suction line it pulled in air and caused the same problem you had.

So check this sediment filter and the connections. They may not leak, but under use will allow air into the system.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12