User Tag List

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onan Generator oil change reset

2.5 years I have finally reached the 50 hour mark on my Onan generator. I know, I don't use it enough. But it's there when I need it.

So the question of the day is how do I reset the indicator that says it needs an oil change?

When I bring up the page to start the generator it says it needs an oil change, got it. I have the Onan oil, filter, fuel filter and new air filter. Ready to go. I just need to be able to reset the indicator. I could find nothing in forum search nor the owners manual.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <Alt> <Ctrl> <Delete>? LOL. Sorry, couldn't help it.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our unit was built with all of the manual controls, and we are VERY glad it was. Just for the heck of it I found the manual for your system to see if I could identify the answer.

It looks like there should be a "settings" button on the screen where you start the generator. That's supposed to be where you change the maintenance intervals, etc.

I change our oil/oil filter every year right around the date we bought the trailer if we don't hit the hourly maintenance recommendations in that timeframe. The air filter I do about every 2 years, but they stay pretty clean depending on where you are.

I spoke with an Onan tech who works on all of their generators including the large, building-sized systems, about these and their maintenance. He said if you change the oil once a year or as recommended if you run it more, and run it at least two hours each month at the minimum (1 hour twice a month will do), they will last almost forever.

He said that Rotella T6 works well, and that Valvoline Premium Blue full synthetic is also known to work. They are diesel oils, but they work fine in the generators.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 11-20-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    2.5 years I have finally reached the 50 hour mark on my Onan generator. I know, I don't use it enough. But it's there when I need it.

So the question of the day is how do I reset the indicator that says it needs an oil change?

When I bring up the page to start the generator it says it needs an oil change, got it. I have the Onan oil, filter, fuel filter and new air filter. Ready to go. I just need to be able to reset the indicator. I could find nothing in forum search nor the owners manual.
    As written above, goto the settings page on the generator screen and I'm pretty sure you have the options there to reset it. I'm not at my screen, but I remember going through the generator menu to reset it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was the ticket. Went to Gen page, touched the three bars next to the house and look what popped up....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191121_075104314.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	23577
    Dallas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was the ticket. Went to Gen page, touched the three bars next to the house and look what popped up....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191121_075104314.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	23577
    Was the generator running while you did that? When I touch my 3 buttons nothing happens.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Krusen View Post
    Was the generator running while you did that? When I touch my 3 buttons nothing happens.
    No, the generator was off. Since it is a Lippert thing I would call LCI customer support at 574-537-8900 and ask them about it. I thought is was an Onan thing, but it appears to embedded in the LCI One Control software. I know each year there have been a number of changes to the One Control system, it may be that the 2016 version does not have that.
    Dallas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, the generator was off. Since it is a Lippert thing I would call LCI customer support at 574-537-8900 and ask them about it. I thought is was an Onan thing, but it appears to embedded in the LCI One Control software. I know each year there have been a number of changes to the One Control system, it may be that the 2016 version does not have that.
    Thanks Dallas. I'll give them a call soon. It seems to me that it worked in the past because i've seen that screen.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviving this thread after I serviced mine tonight. Mine is similar, later software version I think than the one Dallas posted about.

Question: does the One Control count down the hours or give any indication that service is due? I did mine without any such warning and then reset it.
    2018 Momentum 349M

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
    Reviving this thread after I serviced mine tonight. Mine is similar, later software version I think than the one Dallas posted about.

Question: does the One Control count down the hours or give any indication that service is due? I did mine without any such warning and then reset it.
    My 399 was a 2017, but the generator screen had a portion of it turn red, if I recall, when service was due.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH