User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a video out on YouTube showing a guy that has the Lippert Correct Track. It shows how the added length of the LCI hanger cause the spring hanger to flex side to side. Without the 2x2 bracing the hangers will flex themselves in half.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5iRVPwYZg

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop looking for someone to give you the go ahead. You know those welds are bad so do yourself a real big favor and get a new hanger, grind out the old weld and have it put on.
    Just FYI, I can see the original weld that wasn't removed, cold lap, lack of fusion, undercut and porosity in the welds and that's with the slag still there. Think how bad it would be if that guy really cared and cleaned it? In case you are wondering none of it makes for warm and fuzzy feeling while towing.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not like the look of those "Welds" They are not.....
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my hanger failed, I had one fabricated out of one piece of metal. Took care of the weld problem all together.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, you need to chip all the slag off the welds to see what they look like. The ones that have the slag off them look a little rough but should be fine. The others need to be cleaned up and looked at, Use a chipping hammer and a wire brush to get rid of the slag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many people have had this same issue? We did in Az, we're fortunate enough to find and get fixed before it became a serious and dangerous issue. It seems obvious this is an ongoing issue that needs resolution before someone is hurt or serious damage is done to trailer. Who needs to accept responsibilty, Grand Design or Lippert? It seems like this is an area with a defect that keeps showing up from number of posts about it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I resolved this issue before I had a problem. Welded 3 in channel from the rear and front hanger brackets to the opposite side, and a 2inch channel on the center hanger. No more flex....
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carcatgdr View Post
    How many people have had this same issue? We did in Az, we're fortunate enough to find and get fixed before it became a serious and dangerous issue. It seems obvious this is an ongoing issue that needs resolution before someone is hurt or serious damage is done to trailer. Who needs to accept responsibilty, Grand Design or Lippert? It seems like this is an area with a defect that keeps showing up from number of posts about it.
    I feel the same way, it can be a dangerous situation if it happens on the highway at speeds or while on a mountain road. The design needs reinforcement as posted in many discussions. Just search for broken hanger, you will find a bunch. It should have been reinforced before it was sold to me. Now I have to deal with it and can’t even get GD to point me in the right direction with a good welder in Florida.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those welds kinda look like they were stick-welded out of position...

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The weld is ugly but it should be no problem. The U brackets that are failing are from metal fatigue, not bad welds. The brackets are flexing which is causing metal fatigue so simply adding more weld will actually make it worse by increasing the heat affected zone of the base metal. Cross bracing that connects the left side bracket to the right side bracket will stop the flexing at the U brackets.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast