User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stuck Waste Dump Cable

My son has a new 2020 311BHS which he has only used a few times. The cable operated dump valves
    are becoming a problem. On his last trip the front grey water valve will not close completely and the rear
    black water valve is stuck open. Obviously this is a problem so he is getting a twist on valve so he doesn't
    have another mess. We tried to gain access to the valves to check cable routing and cannot figure out
    how to get to them. It looks like we will have to remove the underside insulation panel to get to them.
    I would appreciate some ideas on how to approach this issue.
    Thanks
    David

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what area you are in but, if it's winter i'd let the dealer deal with it while its under warranty. That whole thing can turn into a bigger mess. Who knows what else or other problems potentially may be lurking under that area. If you two problems in the same area, i would question it, seriously. Just my thought(s) and concerns(s).
    Otherwise if it was outta warranty it would take the underside down and take a look at the cables. They just may need to be lubed or fastened down so they don't bend when pushed on.
    My old trailer had the cables as well. I left the valves open and put a Y valve at the end of the run and used the rod push handles. A little lube time to time and never had to worry about it again.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A common issue I have seen is rust developing on the pull handle shafts. This happened shortly after I received mine. As the water hose is connected and disconnected, water spills down on the valves. I put a little waterproof grease on the shafts and worked them back and forth. No more issue.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Si...6524760&sr=8-5
    Dan and Deb
    2021 337RLS
    2020 Lariat Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab Max Tow, Air Lift 5000