User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok guys, there is no need to go back and forth , agree to dis agree and move on before this gets ugly.

Have a Merry Christmas
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are picking up our 320G in a few weeks, and although I've asked the dealer to measure for me (and they haven't yet), what size is the living room TV, and also how tall is the TV space from the lower shelf to the upper one? Planning upgrades hehe.

Glad you enjoyed Effingham, that's my hometown. Haven't lived there in 20 years, but they have a big Vollswagen festival there each summer, so it's gonna be awesome with the new rig this year!

Thanks for the info, looking forward to comparing notes with you on the 320G!

-Jake

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBell View Post
    I cut some boards for the bathroom cabinet. It worked great having 3 shelves for towels and bath supplies. Nothing is nailed down/glued, and it stays up fine.
    I too have a 320G. Some of the storage or lack of it has me stymied. I plan on installing a shelf in the bathroom vanities. I am interested in how you installed the shelves in the bathroom cabinet. Would you be willing to share how you did it?

Thanks.
    John
    2017 GMC Denali 3500 Crew Cab Std Bed - Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a couple wire closet racks from Target Also. There is tons of space in the generator hatch you can utilize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RoyBell, I have to say it.

Because of this post two things happened

1.- I joined the forum mainly to say Thank you for your post, and
    2.- I am changing my mind, I was thinking about getting a 31G or 20G, now I am looking to get the 320G.

Again, Thank you.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zester View Post
    We are picking up our 320G in a few weeks, and although I've asked the dealer to measure for me (and they haven't yet), what size is the living room TV, and also how tall is the TV space from the lower shelf to the upper one? Planning upgrades hehe.

Glad you enjoyed Effingham, that's my hometown. Haven't lived there in 20 years, but they have a big Vollswagen festival there each summer, so it's gonna be awesome with the new rig this year!

Thanks for the info, looking forward to comparing notes with you on the 320G!

-Jake
    Are you still looking for this information? I would guess it's about 32" tv with approx 30" clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymee317 View Post
    I too have a 320G. Some of the storage or lack of it has me stymied. I plan on installing a shelf in the bathroom vanities. I am interested in how you installed the shelves in the bathroom cabinet. Would you be willing to share how you did it?

Thanks.
    John
    That's actually a great idea. I did not think of that! Next project on the list is a shelf under the vanity.

For the cabinet I just cut some wood and laid them in there. The side pieces are just sitting there and the weight of the shelf keeps them from moving around. You can nail or glue them, but I did not feel it was necessary. Plus I can then change it up without damaging anything. After 3K miles they have not moved. Here is a picture to get an idea of what I did. I think I will cut a notch out the front though since they are a little deep.

Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    We use a couple wire closet racks from Target Also. There is tons of space in the generator hatch you can utilize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I put some strut around the edge of the generator cover. That allows me to keep some bins on top of it without them sliding off. I have been debating putting some sort of shelf in there as well. I have 2 batteries and the 2nd battery takes up a lot of the bottom storage space. I did put a motion light in there which helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by vdelgadillo View Post
    RoyBell, I have to say it.

Because of this post two things happened

1.- I joined the forum mainly to say Thank you for your post, and
    2.- I am changing my mind, I was thinking about getting a 31G or 20G, now I am looking to get the 320G.

Again, Thank you.
    You are welcome and welcome to the family. I was originally looking at the 29G. However, the master bed was way too cramped. Our old camper had slightly more room around the bed and it was still tight. That was a determining factory on moving to a 5th wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After my last couple trips, I want to clarify my comment. The front garage area with the gen does have quite a bit of space, however the latches on the 320G are the old/cheap style, not meant for repeated use IMHO as they're flimsy. I'm rethinking the storage area there only for items I need for emergencies and on rare occasions. I carry a 12v battery charger (invaluable if you lose your converter) and emergency kit including a 40ft tarp, roof patch, and collapsible construction cones and extra LED flares. Aside from that, I decided to pull my camp chairs and small canopy from there. Those latches are like the ones on my 06 pop -up doors. I'd guess if you upgraded to a slap latch, it might be better suited.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 year later

1 year update. While we didn't get out much this year because of covid, we managed 2 trips, with a 3rd planned in 2 weeks. Below are updated impressions.

Everything is working flawlessly so far. We had 1 warranty claim, the window valance came down. It took 3 months to get a new one.

I had the dealer put a power fan in the front bathroom while it was in. I am not sure why they come with the dinky little fan they come with, but it's not sufficient for shower steam or moving air though the camper on nice days.

I finally got around to weighing the camper a couple times this year. They were not all on the same day, but I did use the same scale. As a result, I would guess weights to be +/- 100 lbs. I did have the fuel tank on the camper full. I do have the upgraded stereo, generator, slide toppers, additional rear and side awnings, and 3 season glass door. Likely the heaviest optioned camper you can get short of having the thermal windows and solar.

Truck Weight: 8,580 lbs
    Camper camp ready dry: 14,760 lbs (empty)
    Camper with Bike & 3/4 tank of water: 16,260 (loaded)
    GVWR of camper: 16,800 lbs
    GCVW: 24,840 lbs less any passengers.

Pin garage empty: 2,620 lbs (17.75%)
    Pin Bike+water: 2,140 lbs (13.16%)
    Delta of 1500 lbs added: 480 lbs removed from rear axle of truck.

Steer axle remained the same no matter what: 5,120 lbs.
    Drive axle truck only: 3,460 lbs
    Drive axle empty trailer: 6,080 lbs
    Drive axle loaded trailer: 5,600 lbs

Trailer axle empty: 12,120 lbs
    Trailer axle loaded: 14,120 lbs

I am pretty sure the camper comes with 7K lb axles, so I am over (120bs) on the trailer axle with the water and bike. I am under GVWR though. There is not much weight in the back (2nd spare, grill, small cooler). I will need to see if I can move some of that stuff to the front.

I tried towing a couple times without the bike or water (and with the water but no bike) and the results were a little upsetting. The camper swayed a lot. I did not feel safe traveling with traffic at 70mph. Once I rolled the bike in (900 lbs) it tows fine. I am not exactly sure where the problem lies- Truck or camper. I have traveled with just water and it was still unstable. Adding the 900 lb bike either keeps the trailer more planted or removes enough extra weight off my truck (approx 250lbs) that it tows better. I have to assume the trailer is what needs the weight as I can't see 250lbs off my truck making the camper tow significantly better. No trailer sucking, no sway, very stable. I have to watch my speed as the truck wants to keep pulling.

With that said, I am looking to upgrade to a 3500 with factory air. You can finally get a 50 gallon tank with 8' bed. My 3.42s and 32 gallon tank aren't cutting it. The gearing is making me run 15-20 lbs of boost at 70 and killing my gas mileage. I get about 200 mile range towing this beast. The local shops here want 3-4K to re-gear and a larger tank is 2000+ to install. With those costs I think I am ready to upgrade to a 3500 with those options from the factory.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    After my last couple trips, I want to clarify my comment. The front garage area with the gen does have quite a bit of space, however the latches on the 320G are the old/cheap style, not meant for repeated use IMHO as they're flimsy. I'm rethinking the storage area there only for items I need for emergencies and on rare occasions. I carry a 12v battery charger (invaluable if you lose your converter) and emergency kit including a 40ft tarp, roof patch, and collapsible construction cones and extra LED flares. Aside from that, I decided to pull my camp chairs and small canopy from there. Those latches are like the ones on my 06 pop -up doors. I'd guess if you upgraded to a slap latch, it might be better suited.
    I keep some of my black water attachments, extra drain hose, hose support, extra chocks, extra leveling wood, etc stuff there. I go in there twice a trip. I would like to figure out a way to put my portable grill up there, as well as my bin for leveling. Putting a shelf for these items would help a lot.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you installed a T in the toy area if so what size?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast