User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    First, thank you for the info you have provided. I just ordered a 320G, and will be towing it with a '19 RAM 3500 HO SRW SB. Truck loaded up, I have a 3400 lb payload (cat scale number), and 3680 "payload" on the drive axle. It will be interesting on pin weight, as my current bike is only 450 lbs., which with what you have been saying, I may need to add a fair amount of water to have the trailer be more stable.

Just add, and your posts may have pushed them, but as of a month ago, they are offering an 8K lb axle upgrade with disc brakes, which I did get, thanks to your posts about your weight issues.
    Wow, that is interesting. I did make a big deal about it over on the other GD forum. However, when I emailed GD direct about upgrading the axles to 8K lb units, they advised against it. Now I am confused why they would advise against it, and now offer it as an option.

My '21 Ram 3500 HO SRW LB is finally being delivered tomorrow. I fully expect it to tow better than the 2500. I think that much weight was just too much for the 2500 and the Geometry of the coil springs. I can't wait to get it!
    2020 GD 320G
    2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great review and detail. I was definitely swayed into the 351 bc of your posts on this forum. Thank you for taking the time to post such a honest review. Cheers!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBell View Post
    Installed Furrion observation cameras in pre-wired locations, plus installed the 4th camera in the garage to keep an eye on the cargo while traveling. I made a post here about it.
    RoyBell, I have a 350G and am looking to do the same thing as you, mount a camera in the garage to keep an eye on my 2 Harleys. You mentioned you posted how you did it? I couldn’t find anything with a search and was curious if you tapped into the running lights (same as the rear camera)? If so, where did you tap into the wire in the garage, and where did you mount the camera? Any pics? Thanks for any guidance!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Supremo View Post
    RoyBell, I have a 350G and am looking to do the same thing as you, mount a camera in the garage to keep an eye on my 2 Harleys. You mentioned you posted how you did it? I couldn’t find anything with a search and was curious if you tapped into the running lights (same as the rear camera)? If so, where did you tap into the wire in the garage, and where did you mount the camera? Any pics? Thanks for any guidance!
    I made a post about the camera systems here: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...939#post266939

The power is tapped into the load side of the awning light switch for now. Then if I need the camera, I just flip the switch on. If I ever get motivated I will throw an extra switch in. My switch bank is filled with factory switches and there were no blanks availble.

I did drill too far over and couldn't get past the stud so I had to move the camera over. They make seam tape which will hide the hole, which is on my list of things to do...eventually.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0Rlfyxe.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	33850
    2020 GD 320G
    2021 Ram 3500 H.O. SRW.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a post about the camera systems here: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...939#post266939

The power is tapped into the load side of the awning light switch for now. Then if I need the camera, I just flip the switch on. If I ever get motivated I will throw an extra switch in. My switch bank is filled with factory switches and there were no blanks availble.

I did drill too far over and couldn't get past the stud so I had to move the camera over. They make seam tape which will hide the hole, which is on my list of things to do...eventually.
    Thanks for the pic and details. Looks like the 320 garage wall is a little different from the 350, but still a good working idea. I really didn’t want to tear up the whole garage looking for the same wiring harness as the backup camera, God knows where that might be.
    2021 Momentum 350G
    2020 F250 6.7 Powerstroke HCTP
    2020 Harley Road Glide
    2020 Harley Road King

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is interesting. I did make a big deal about it over on the other GD forum. However, when I emailed GD direct about upgrading the axles to 8K lb units, they advised against it. Now I am confused why they would advise against it, and now offer it as an option.
    My new 320G is now at the dealer, and I will be doing my PDI next Monday. Something I did not know until I looked at the weight sticker on it, and no one mentioned, with the 8K lb axle upgrade, the unit now has a 18,000 lb GVWR, instead of the 16,800 lb. with the 7K lb axles.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345