User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad ya got that camera thing figured out.

The inverter is behind the 45 degree wall at the rear of the front bay. When you remove that panel you'll see it and all the space GD used up with that silly angled wall as well as all the space behind the long wall at the rear of that space.

i moved the rear wall back about 4 to 6 inches and squared off that wall with the wall where the wet bay plumbing is.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info!!! So...apparently the inverter’s lights can’t be seen without emptying the contents of the storage bay, and then dis-assembling the slanted wall??? Brilliant engineering!!!

I really like your idea of expanding the storage bay! What did you use to replace the wall. I’d like to modify mine, like you did, but if possible, I’d like to match the factory panel’s color and texture.

I’d also like to install fishing rod holders in the overhead; and a couple or three sleeves for a broom, mop, and boat hook.

(An expanding boat hook is great for retrieving wheel chocks under the rig, and for reaching items in the middle of the storage bay.)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep - you have to go behind the walls to see and access the inverter and converter. At least the inverter has a remote panel. It's just GD trying to be 'price sensitive' (their quote to me) with other manufactures. I'd prefer they would be a leader of innovation and flexibility with many things but they chose to fall in line with other hum-drum manufactures.

ok - rant over.....

Once you get the walls off you will see it is not hard to reposition them and the inverter. There is probably enough free play in the inverter wiring to place it in front of the wall. I moved the main wall about 4 to 6 inches toward the rear of the trailer and moved the wall at a 45 degree angle to be at a 90 degree angle and then just used some MSD board I had available and some fabric to fill in the space. Photo here....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7526.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	24002

I changed out the inverter tho. I put in 4 AGMs in the front bay, a Xantrex 2000W inverter, sub panel, and put all receptacle circuits and refrigerator on the inverter. I have posts here on the forum with all those changes. But to gain space and just move the inverter it is easy.

Here are a few photos of my storage bay. I mounted a shelf and recently added some self made hangers for out hiking poles; the same idea may work for fishing rod storage. Be sure to beef up the top wall mounts supports if you want to use a shelf as it does add some strain GD didn't plan for.

Name:	IMG_7978.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	24003

Name:	IMG_7981.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	24004

Name:	IMG_9391.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	24005
    Last edited by traveldawg; 12-27-2019 at 07:12 AM.
    Larry KE4DMG

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I bought my rig ... the owner had died so I wasn’t able to ask him anything. I showed up and paid his wife, hooked up, and left. That left me with many unanswered questions. I’d like to be able to boondock often and I really like the mods you’ve done on your rig.

One question: when plugged into shore power, does the Inverter work when the little button at the control panel is pushed? Or ... does the RV need to be unplugged for the Inverter to work?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisminister7 View Post
    When I bought my rig ... the owner had died so I wasn’t able to ask him anything. I showed up and paid his wife, hooked up, and left. That left me with many unanswered questions. I’d like to be able to boondock often and I really like the mods you’ve done on your rig.

One question: when plugged into shore power, does the Inverter work when the little button at the control panel is pushed? Or ... does the RV need to be unplugged for the Inverter to work?
    If you rig is “stock”, and I’ll guess it is, the inverter can always be left on. When plugged into shore power the power is passed straight through the inverter; so you are getting shore power. As soon as shore power is dropped (and the inverter is on) the inverter begins providing power via the inverter from you battery)s).

I forget what the remote displays or if it is just an on/off switch. Too bad GD stuffed the inverter behind a basement wall, it does have some good info on the display.
    Larry KE4DMG

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another question concerning 310GK WIRING...
    On my 2019 Solitude 310GK-R, the curb side slide has two semi-circular designs on that slide’s ceiling. Each design has three LED lights installed. The switch that controls the forward set of three lights (sometimes) causes the 15 amp fuse to blow instantly when turned on. Wondered if anyone else had the same issue ... and if so ... what’d you find? Where does the wiring enter that slide? Thanks guys!!!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisminister7 View Post
    Another question concerning 310GK WIRING...
    On my 2019 Solitude 310GK-R, the curb side slide has two semi-circular designs on that slide’s ceiling. Each design has three LED lights installed. The switch that controls the forward set of three lights (sometimes) causes the 15 amp fuse to blow instantly when turned on. Wondered if anyone else had the same issue ... and if so ... what’d you find? Where does the wiring enter that slide? Thanks guys!!!
    Haven't had the issue.

It sounds like you're on the right track wondering about wiring, and since the problem is intermittent the culprit might be the wiring that has to move as the slide goes in/out. That wiring is underneath the slide, wrapped in wire loom (corrugated plastic sheath) and attached to a folding rubber piece that opens / closes as the slide is moved out / in. I don't know if there are connectors under there but bad connections are not uncommon on these trailers - might be a good thing to look for first.

It's also possible that the problem is above the switch - the wiring behind the control panel and in the wall feeding those switches is a real rat's nest of disorganized and un-secured circuit wires that likely jiggle a bit as you're traveling. Since the back of the switch and the wires feeding it are NOT available behind the control panel, pulling the switch out and checking it's connections and jiggling (gently!!) the wires above it might prove something.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12