Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tv and microwave no power with generator

good afternoon
    We have a new momentum 25g and having an issue I cannot figure out
    When plugged into shore power everything works 100% heat water lights tv microwave but when I disconnect the shore power and start generator we have no tv or microwave power everything else seems to work
    Fuse are all good breakers are good if I shut off generator and plug shore power back in tv and microwave have power again
    Any suggestions on what to try
    Thank you Brent Dragon

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDragon View Post
    good afternoon
    We have a new momentum 25g and having an issue I cannot figure out
    When plugged into shore power everything works 100% heat water lights tv microwave but when I disconnect the shore power and start generator we have no tv or microwave power everything else seems to work
    Fuse are all good breakers are good if I shut off generator and plug shore power back in tv and microwave have power again
    Any suggestions on what to try
    Thank you Brent Dragon
    Had this happen to me once. Pull the front cover off of the Onan and see if you tripped one of the two breakers on the front of it, probably labeled 30 amp and 20 amp. By the way I see this is your first post so welcome to the family!!
    P.S. this assumes of course you have the built in Onan generator. Just realized you have the bumper pull Momentum.
    Last edited by Txfivver; 04-18-2020 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added P.S.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 21G and the generator was hooked up incorrectly to start with -- would run but not power the coach -- after having that dealt with -- we were experiencing the same situation -- the Micro and the TV may be on the same circuit... if you can, try to plug the TV into another outlet with an extension cord ... see if you have power. perhaps there is an overide so you cant run the micro with the gen.... Micros draw alot of power. just a thought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Had this happen to me once. Pull the front cover off of the Onan and see if you tripped one of the two breakers on the front of it, probably labeled 30 amp and 20 amp. By the way I see this is your first post so welcome to the family!!
    P.S. this assumes of course you have the built in Onan generator. Just realized you have the bumper pull Momentum.
    You hit it on the nose it was the 30amp breaker on front of generator I never knew it was there after 3 hours I guess I should of posted earlier. Maybe a little hard headed. We have a solitude 384gk that we have owned for 4 years bought new, absolutely love the 5th wheel. we have a side by side we love to ride and decided to do that plus camping thus the tag 25g. So know we have two grand design products and are proud to be part of family.
    Thank you again

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDragon View Post
    You hit it on the nose it was the 30amp breaker on front of generator I never knew it was there after 3 hours I guess I should of posted earlier. Maybe a little hard headed. We have a solitude 384gk that we have owned for 4 years bought new, absolutely love the 5th wheel. we have a side by side we love to ride and decided to do that plus camping thus the tag 25g. So know we have two grand design products and are proud to be part of family.
    Thank you again
    Awesome!!! Mine's only tripped once and it must be some weird combo of appliances all running at once lol. Glad to help
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sharont View Post
    We had a 21G and the generator was hooked up incorrectly to start with -- would run but not power the coach -- after having that dealt with -- we were experiencing the same situation -- the Micro and the TV may be on the same circuit... if you can, try to plug the TV into another outlet with an extension cord ... see if you have power. perhaps there is an overide so you cant run the micro with the gen.... Micros draw alot of power. just a thought
    Thank you for answering my request appreciate the help.