User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't get a chance to tinker with it today but did look closer at it took some pics. Those 2 holes are just barely bigger than the hose and definitely no room to get any kind of sleeve around the bottom hose. This is going to turn into a much bigger project than I thought. Not sure what GD was thinking here but they definitely missed the boat on this. Good times...
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Or, just a guess, but maybe the stainless-steel-braided hose that is frequently part of residential ice-maker installations could be deployed? Probably have to do some creative work with adapters, and maybe wrap the hose with plastic wire loom to reduce abrasion risk, but I'd sure be thinking about it.
    Good thought Boyscout. Unless I did away with the ice maker (which I don't want to do) it is going to be a big job. There is a 1/4" piece of tubing near the edge of the slide going up to the frig which adapts onto the 1/2" blue soft hose under the slide floor. The soft hose is in a plastic accordion type loom so it can flex in and out with the slide. The blue hose then disappears into the underbelly and connects to a cold water line. Maybe the cold water line going to the kitchen sink? I would like to do something, but not sure what yet. If the stainless steel braided hose you mentioned could be purchased with fittings pressed on the ends in a longer custom length, that would be very durable. Not a job for the faint of heart. I had the underbelly down once, it is not a fun job. I have not really investigated yet but my biggest concern re a leak is inside the underbelly where the soft hose connects to whatever. Oh well, the joys of RV owership Thanks for your input.
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Has anyone with a Solitude noticed the two blue waterlines going to and out of the water filter chafing on the holes in the Nautilus cabinet? I spent a week in mine in Houston this month for a business school. It was right at freezing every night so I was paying special attention to the plumbing around the water panel. The blue lines are severely rubbing on the too small of a holes where they pass through. I really hate to remove the pass through wall and break the connections to try to install grommets that should have been there from the factory. I'm sorry but I don't have a pic with me right now but if you have a Solitude you know the lines I'm talking about. Any suggestions on a fix? I'm thinking some split rubber grommets that I can squeeze around the hoses and protect them before they split. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Just before I winterized our Solitude 379FL this fall I install valves to bypass the filter when siphoning anti-freeze into the system with the Nautilus. Not only does the filter waste canister waste a lot of the pink stuff, it also makes it difficult to siphon it from the jug. When I finished with the valves I found the same chafing that you found. I just took a 1 inch piece of 1/2 inch Pex tube, split it, and inserted it between the hose and the metal. Simple and cheap (free).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    Just before I winterized our Solitude 379FL this fall I install valves to bypass the filter when siphoning anti-freeze into the system with the Nautilus. Not only does the filter waste canister waste a lot of the pink stuff, it also makes it difficult to siphon it from the jug. When I finished with the valves I found the same chafing that you found. I just took a 1 inch piece of 1/2 inch Pex tube, split it, and inserted it between the hose and the metal. Simple and cheap (free).
    Thank you fez111 that sounds like an easy fix too. It's pretty much put away and won't be used for a couple of months so I've got time to tinker with it and hopefully make a lasting repair.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    Thank you fez111 that sounds like an easy fix too. It's pretty much put away and won't be used for a couple of months so I've got time to tinker with it and hopefully make a lasting repair.
    Jeff

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow thanks for the heads up. We just bought a 310GK 2020 this year. That would be disastrous if it split open. Love this site

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuknut View Post
    Wow thanks for the heads up. We just bought a 310GK 2020 this year. That would be disastrous if it split open. Love this site
    You're welcome, yes it would be a mess if one of these hoses split while hooked to city water. Here is a pic of what I'm talking about. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hose1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	23744 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hose2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	23745
    Jeff

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rubber grommets on the panel would be helpful!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12