User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window Condensation

Hey guys took our Imagine Out for the first time and woke up this morning to condensation on all interior windows. We ran a space heater inside but didn’t have the main heater on all
    Night. What can we do to prevent this? We will be camping for 1-2 weeks every winter so don’t want some major repair. Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dehumidifiers are very helpful during the winter, I would start there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. We will pick one up today. In our previous motorhome I never had any issues

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfalk13 View Post
    Thanks. We will pick one up today. In our previous motorhome I never had any issues
    Did you have dual pane windows in your motorhome? For single pane windows, these are helpful: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Frost-King-...Kit/1001048796

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 11-23-2019 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Correct a typo
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, single pane windows will do that every time.

We were out last weekend and had icicles from the weep holes on the outside.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that’s crazy. I never had that before. If we don’t run the heater will it help?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes single pane windows as there is no thermal “break” that a dual pane window with that spaced air gap provides. Same as the condensation on the outside of your iced tea glass in the summer. The outside air is cold and you are heating your camper to make the inside comfortable (as you should - use the heat!). Since this condition is unavoidable the best thing to do is to manage moisture. The dehumidifier recommended in a previous post is solid advice. It is also important to continue to ventilate with the fans while cooking and showering as these add moisture to the interior of your RV. In spite of cold temperatures I still crack a window while using my fans for ventilation to provide fresh “make up” air. I also will grab a towel and dry any heavy condensation as needed. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome thanks for the info. Will definitely use all the tips provided

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfalk13 View Post
    Wow that’s crazy. I never had that before. If we don’t run the heater will it help?
    It will a bit.

The human body gives off moisture naturally, so it will still condensate on the windows when it is cold outside.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the dealers always try to talk everybody out of dual pane windows but that's because they don't have your model on the lot with dual pane windows to sell to you. Then they perpetuate the horror stories from two decades ago. Condensation is not an issue with dual pane windows.

Humans and animals give off a lot of humidity sleeping at night. That coupled with cooking dinner and then it gets even colder in the early morning hours.....when cold meets hot it creates condensation in a closed space. In our Momentum we have been down to 14F with no condensation issues. We use the fireplace and the furnace and turn the bathroom fan on low. That will take the moisture and condensation out through the roof fan. Couple that with a dehumidifier (a good one!) and that will take care of your problem.

When it's cold out, we try not to cook dinner that requires water on the stove. That only adds to your problem. If you don't have one, you might invest in an indoor/outdoor thermometer that also displays the humidity so that you can keep on eye on it to try to control it before you go to bed. You may have high humidity in the evening, just before you go to bed but it's not cold enough to turn into condensation until the early morning hours when it's the coldest out. Just some things to consider.
    Last edited by JCZhome; 11-24-2019 at 06:08 AM.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast