User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12V circuits dead after attempted re-level

Hoping someone can chime in...

Just tried to re-level my Solitude 375RES. It is just above freezing here in southern Ontario.

Pressed the "level" button on the control panel, the rig dropped a bit and the system started to do it's thing. But then after aoment or so, everything went dead. Nothing on the screen, just dead

I went inside the rig and all 12V systems are dead.

I can't find a master 12V breaker or something to reset.

I'm thinking the system tripped the main 12V breaker. I checked in where the battery sits, nothing there. Checked in the basement where the 12V DC "kill switch" is, nothing there.

I'm at a complete loss.

Any ideas where to look for a main DC breaker?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gotten a bad habit of bumping my battery disconnect switch.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the volatge at your batteries. Possibly the voltage has dropped to low.....especially considering how cold it is.

You have been using your furnace haven't you? Just like us, those batteries don't like it when it gets to cold.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys,

The rig is on a permanent site and I haven't been there for a couple of weeks. When I got there yesterday the first thing I did was try to re-level, but I was planning on spending the night there. Once I lost 12V power, I tried to sort it out and then just packed it in and came home. I'm going to head back up today and see if I can further diagnose.

Will report back, cheers.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winner winner chicken dinner!

Battery completely discharged. Not to mention, completely the wrong battery. The dealer installed a battery that looks like it came out of a Sears riding lawnmower or a Seadoo.

I replaced it with the proper group battery and everything is perfect.

Thanks for the help folks!

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyJoe View Post
    Winner winner chicken dinner!

Battery completely discharged. Not to mention, completely the wrong battery. The dealer installed a battery that looks like it came out of a Sears riding lawnmower or a Seadoo.

I replaced it with the proper group battery and everything is perfect.

Thanks for the help folks!
    80% of the things in an RV are easy to find and easy to fix.......if you just know where to look. And, of course, always check the simple things first.

On another note.....considering the battery that your dealership put in speaks volumnes about that dealership. I would suggest looking someplace else for service should you ever need to take it in. However, we're here to help you with the 80% that's easy to locate.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyJoe View Post
    Winner winner chicken dinner! Battery completely discharged. Not to mention, completely the wrong battery. The dealer installed a battery that looks like it came out of a Sears riding lawnmower or a Seadoo. I replaced it with the proper group battery and everything is perfect. Thanks for the help folks!
    Are you leaving your trailer plugged into power?

Without shore power, even with the proper battery installed and even if you had turned off your main battery disconnect switch, your battery could have discharged itself in a couple of weeks in Canadian winter weather.

The reason is that even with the battery disconnect turned off, a number of things in the trailer continue to be powered. These include smoke and propane alarms, the trailer's braking system, the trailer's leveling system, and its radio. Our trailer was pulling 0.5 amp with the battery switch off, more than enough to kill an 80 amp/hour group 27 battery in a couple of winter weeks.

If you don't have shore power while you're leaving the trailer for more than a few days, disconnect at least the negative cable from the battery to avoid a repeat performance when you return of the problems you had.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you leaving your trailer plugged into power?
    Mark,

No - I do a "hard disconnect" at the terminal.

I had a 56' Carver Yacht and it had 8 Group 31 batteries and 4 golf cart batteries, all had to be disconnected at the terminal every haul out.