User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keeping 2670MK Dinette Cushions In Place?

We have the standard booth style dinette and the cushions do not stay in place. The bottom cushion moves out and the top cushion drops down behind it. Does anyone have a suggestion to keep this in place during use?

Buckaroo
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mine too! Haven't fixed it yet, but the plan is to get some velcro to stick them down with. The super industrial "stick on" kind sold at Home Depot. I'll probably put a staple into the piece that goes on the wood under the cushion, to to convince it not to ever come loose. The second part on the cushion should be fine with just the double stick backing, as long has the area has been well cleaned first.
    BTW - I found that whoever did my back cushions wasn't too careful about where they put the velcro there - mix up which one goes where, and the velcro doesn't line up and grab.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    We have the standard booth style dinette and the cushions do not stay in place. The bottom cushion moves out and the top cushion drops down behind it. Does anyone have a suggestion to keep this in place during use?

Buckaroo
    It was a constant struggle when we first acquired our trailer. As sande005 says above, strips don’t line up and the staples were useless. I pulled the staples and Velcro from the “wood” and discarded them. I replaced with the above stated super industrial adhesive Velcro, but bought the really wide strip (about twice the width of original), and cut them extra long as well. That way, there’s plenty of grab, even if not lined up perfectly. I also had to re-sew the strips on the backs of the cushions. They were beginning to tear the thin fabric on the back. Used coat thread, a curved needle and a thimble (because the Velcro fabric edges are tough to get a needle through). This solved the problem for good.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been frustrated by the velcro also. Tried some of the 2" heavy duty, but evidently not enough. We also noted early tearing on the fabric backing.

We have a really good nonskid rubber mat we use in the cabinets. I'm going to put s piece on one bench today. If it works well, it will be stapled to both.

Doesn't solve the back cushion, I'm considering snaps in the corners.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you do snaps and did that work? Thinking of making a combo snap/strap in a complementary fabric

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpyknee View Post
    We've been frustrated by the velcro also. Tried some of the 2" heavy duty, but evidently not enough. We also noted early tearing on the fabric backing.

We have a really good nonskid rubber mat we use in the cabinets. I'm going to put s piece on one bench today. If it works well, it will be stapled to both.

Doesn't solve the back cushion, I'm considering snaps in the corners.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    you are correct, the rubber mat is the trick for the bottom cushions. Thanks.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2022s shipped with a beefy strip of velcro attached to the bottom of the cushion with the clear plastic still attached to the adhesive of the other side. We haven't felt the need to peel that backing off and stick it to the board since we haven't had an issue with our cushions sliding. I do have the issue of the back cushions bouncing out when going down the road though.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)