User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frame Popping Noise While Hitching

I noticed some periodic popping noises that sounded like they were coming from the springs or shackles when raising/lowering the tongue during hitching on my 2670MK. I hadn't noticed it before and haven't had a chance to get under there to take a look. Suspect it is normal?

Buckaroo
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    I noticed some periodic popping noises that sounded like they were coming from the springs or shackles when raising/lowering the tongue during hitching on my 2670MK. I hadn't noticed it before and haven't had a chance to get under there to take a look. Suspect it is normal?

Buckaroo
    Check to see if you have grease fittings to grease your suspension. If you do you need to grease the wet bolts every 3000 miles. If there are no grease zerks maybe normal or maybe a worn bushing if you have traveled a lot already.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Check to see if you have grease fittings to grease your suspension. If you do you need to grease the wet bolts every 3000 miles. If there are no grease zerks maybe normal or maybe a worn bushing if you have traveled a lot already.

Rob
    Will do....TT in storage at the moment. Did check maintenance schedule, wheel bearings are called out but did not see anything about greasing suspension. Do the shackles take grease?
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do....TT in storage at the moment. Did check maintenance schedule, wheel bearings are called out but did not see anything about greasing suspension. Do the shackles take grease?
    There may be no grease fittings on your rig. The bushings supplied by the factory are plastic and break easily. There are kits to add HD shackles and wet bolts and they are not prohibitively expensive.

Take a look at https://performancetrailerbraking.co...xoCnXUQAvD_BwE

If you need an installer, these folks have authorized installers pretty much everywhere. They did disc brakes, CRE3000, shackles and wet bolts upgrades for me at the Quartzsite rally last year and I could not be happier.
    Last edited by JColeman; 11-24-2019 at 09:26 AM.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    There may be no grease fittings on your rig. The bushings supplied by the factory are plastic and break easily. There are kits to add HD shackles and wet bolts and they are not prohibitively expensive.

Take a look at https://performancetrailerbraking.co...xoCnXUQAvD_BwE

If you need an installer, these folks have authorized installers pretty much everywhere. They did disc brakes, CRE3000, shackles and wet bolts upgrades for me at the Quartzsite rally last year and I could not be happier.
    So I looked at the site and found it interesting - would I need the MORryde CRE 3000 & Stock Equaflex w/ 2-1/4" Shackles for my 2670MK? Seems like it's only $125 w/o Correct Track which I don't think I would like to mess with (correct me if I'm wrong). I would do the install myself - have all the tools/jacks/jack stands needed. I gather I would not have to do the CRE3000 to upgrade the shackles but it seems cheap and relatively easy. Does it have an impact on sway?

Buckaroo
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I think the pricing I was looking at was just for the shackles and the CRE3000's might be +$250 for a total of ~$375? I will study this - if anyone has 2670MK specific recommendations regarding source/part numbers/etc, please let me know.

Buckaroo
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I think the pricing I was looking at was just for the shackles and the CRE3000's might be +$250 for a total of ~$375? I will study this - if anyone has 2670MK specific recommendations regarding source/part numbers/etc, please let me know.

Buckaroo
    Call the guys at Performance. They will send you instructions how to determine exactly what you want.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got under the rig yesterday and did an inspection while taking the measurements for the CRE3000 Suspension System. Didn't notice anything indicating abnormal wear so I think the popping is just the equalizer and shackles moving. The measurements indicated I am in good shape to install the CRE3000 (CRE2-35, $179.27 @ Amazon) and the Heavy Duty Shackle Upgrade Kit (UO12-016, $93.10 @ Amazon) when required. I have reviewed the install directions & video's - it seems like a very straight forward job. I will keep an eye on them.

Buckaroo
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you complete the install? I have a 2670 and I'm considering the same.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mnoland2000 View Post
    Did you complete the install? I have a 2670 and I'm considering the same.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    No - I decided to let it go and keep an eye on it. Nothing broken or worn yet. I have 2-3 suspension upgrade projects I am considering but decided to get some more experience before proceeding. Please post up if you decide to do it....
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast