User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you all. i got a letter back from LCI confirming no lube on the actual tracks themselves and a link to the entire owners handbook for Schwintek maintenance. appreciate everyone’s input.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schiefswret View Post
    Do the Schwintek rails need periodic lubrication and if so, what is the recommend product and frequency? All comments appreciated.
    Grand Design states that the Schwintek rails be lightly lubricated as well as the motor gears, but they ONLY RECOMMEND CRC Power Lube (Model #05005 or 05006; SKU #078254050065 ).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was only commenting on what LCI sent directly to me. There are also some great videos on youtube that show where to lube the upper rollers and gibs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaeleclark View Post
    Our 2020 2150 manual states that the upper and lower gear racks on each side of the slide should be lubricated with a dry lube (graphite spray) "occasionally".
    Forums like this provide owners to exchange ideas and really get to the requirements, as we all know every owner’s manual and all info on the internet is 100% accurate.
    My manual indicates to hold the slide activation switch only until the room reaches maximum travel point. It seems the appropriate operation is to hold the switch for a few seconds after the point of travel is attained.
    I don’t think a dry lube would hurt the rails, but I’ve never used a dry lube that actually stayed dry and did not attract debris. It is the debris, sand and dust etc..., that would cause problems. That’s why a quick inspection and brushing with a nylon bristle brush before retraction is a good idea.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skip the Schwintek lube.

Lube the rollers beneath the bottom of the slide. I used Triflow. Huge improvement!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    It's recommended that the rails NOT be lubricated. However the motors and gears that drive the rails in and out should be lubricated with a light PTFE lubricant that resists collecting dirt.

Here's a video illustrating the objective and the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXw9I_DoAvI
    In the video after showing how to do it, the tech says to lube the gib and the roller "on the inside" at the 2:05 mark. Does that mean inside the slide in the bedroom where we sleep - my wife would love that smell! Not to mention the "do not breath" warnings on the can. Or does he mean "on the other side" of the slideout (and either misspoke or I don't get his accent)? I plan on lubing all four slides from the outside unless I get additional wisdom from you. [emoji6]

2018 Solitude 377MBS #J1109394
    2017 Chevy Silverado Duramax

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    excellent question, hopefully we will get an answer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on your slide layout, IMO. I can see one side from the inside of the coach, the other side is against a fridge and it is impossible to lube the rollers and drive gear from the inside. You only need a small amount of lube and on my unit, everything is visible from the outside. I use Blaster teflon dry lube and it will run and pool if you go crazy with application. Hardly notice any door after a few minutes. I even use the same lube on sliding windows to keep them moving effort free. SWMBO has never complained....

I use a small putty knife and some plastic wedges to lift the outer seal to improve visibility and to make it easier to get the bent application tube into where it needs to be to apply lubricant. BTW, a quick shot of silicon applied to the outside seals and wiped on with a rag is a good idea, IMO.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brianjohncook View Post
    In the video after showing how to do it, the tech says to lube the gib and the roller "on the inside" at the 2:05 mark. Does that mean inside the slide in the bedroom where we sleep - my wife would love that smell! Not to mention the "do not breath" warnings on the can. Or does he mean "on the other side" of the slideout (and either misspoke or I don't get his accent)? I plan on lubing all four slides from the outside unless I get additional wisdom from you. [emoji6]

2018 Solitude 377MBS #J1109394
    2017 Chevy Silverado Duramax
    Brian, I'm in the RV, on Verizon MiFi internet that is proving to be disappointing this year (worked great on a different plan last year). Watching YouTube videos is a challenge at the moment, so hopefully someone else will watch that one and offer their interpretation of the advice given in it.

Looking to me for "wisdom" is akin to looking in the Sahara for pure spring water. I can only report that I bought a length of thin tubing to replace the standard small tube provided with a can of PTFE lube, and from outside the trailer I held the seal open and used the long tube to lube the drive mechanisms. I operated the slide immediately afterwards so I believe the lube got around where it needed to go. I did not lube any rollers on the floor (if that's what you think he's talking about) but I'd guess that there's no way to avoid doing that (sparingly) on the inside.
    Last edited by boyscout; 02-20-2020 at 05:27 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark, the two mechanisms that you refer to- were they both accessed from the outside? TY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast