User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any body shop should be able to repair that. They work on fiberglass cars (Corvettes, etc) all the time. They could also match the paint! I would go there first before an RV shop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmythek View Post
    Any body shop should be able to repair that. They work on fiberglass cars (Corvettes, etc) all the time. They could also match the paint! I would go there first before an RV shop.
    Great recommendation. The challenge is finding a body shop that is accessible with a 32ft trailer in tow.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali HD
    2017 308BHTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any MARINE FIBERGLASS REPAIR usually mobile will come to you if your in a boating area .
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 344GK
    B&W Companion 25,000
    Disc Brake conversion
    3 - X-Factor
    MORryde pinbox
    2007 GMC Topkick C5500 Duramax 6.6
    1 Wife 3 Scotties

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree.. either fiberglass repair shop or just slap a few pieces of eternabond over it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy fix it you ask me. Might not look perfect but will keep out water,,
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have experience with uv cured fiberglass patches such as quickpatch.

Short term I'm concerned about longevity and water tightness. Long term, I'm concerned about resale value.

So far I've received 3 repair estimates from Marine and RV body shops. Prices range from 4-6k!! Yikes. That includes repainting the entire cap and replacing the decals.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    2017 308BHTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jguzek View Post
    Does anyone have experience with uv cured fiberglass patches such as quickpatch.

Short term I'm concerned about longevity and water tightness. Long term, I'm concerned about resale value.

So far I've received 3 repair estimates from Marine and RV body shops. Prices range from 4-6k!! Yikes. That includes repainting the entire cap and replacing the decals.

If they are painting the cap, then have them paint on the swooshes and what not in lieu of decals that will fade and crack is short order. Just for FYI, I might call GD and get a price on them replacing the cap. Then you’ll know if the repair estimates are in line.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    If they are painting the cap, then have them paint on the swooshes and what not in lieu of decals that will fade and crack is short order. Just for FYI, I might call GD and get a price on them replacing the cap. Then you’ll know if the repair estimates are in line.
    +1..

Good idea..
    Fiberglass is the most repairable material ever..
    It's a question of cost..

Teddy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to give everybody a quick update. I picked up the trailer today. As a temporary fix I put white Flex Seal tape on the damaged area.

I have an appointment next week with a local RV / Bus Repair Shop to get an estimate. They specialize in fiberglass repair.

Looking forward to many trips in our new home away from home.

Thank you everybody for the advice.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191130_162303852.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	23699

2017 308BHTS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have repaired fiberglass before - with the proper patch kit and some patience, you can easily repair that. You would apply the patch, sand, fill in any indentations, sand, sand, sand, and then prime and paint, then buff. Since it is so high and a rounded area, you would not notice imperfections as much. If the front cap does not leak I would not want someone replacing it and risk developing issues later.

I owned a 5th wheel that had a rock put through a storage door. I repaired it and then placed a US map over the area where we filled in each state we camped in. My paint job was good but the color was not matched, so the map was a good solution. Cost me maybe $30 to repair it with no more issues ever. Rock was thrown by a commercial mower.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast