User Tag List

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low water pressure after freeze

Hello all. I have had decreasing water pressure in city mode ever since it froze here in TX. Nothing froze in trailer! Only hose from park to trailer froze, but that was weeks ago. Awesome pressure when in dry camping mode using Sureflow pump. Today removed restrictor under kitchen sink. Did find a few calcium deposits.................Now pressure in city mode is worse!! HUH??!! Slow in bathroom and trickle in kitchen. Approximatley 70 lbs pressure from park through regulator.Tried lowering pressure=less flow from fixtures.
    Deposits throughout water system??? Has anyone ever tried to suckle CLR and run it through the sanitize mode??? Again, dry camp mode is awesome!!!
    Thank you!!

DD.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin' Dreamers View Post
    Hello all. I have had decreasing water pressure in city mode ever since it froze here in TX. Nothing froze in trailer! Only hose from park to trailer froze, but that was weeks ago. Awesome pressure when in dry camping mode using Sureflow pump. Today removed restrictor under kitchen sink. Did find a few calcium deposits.................Now pressure in city mode is worse!! HUH??!! Slow in bathroom and trickle in kitchen. Approximatley 70 lbs pressure from park through regulator.Tried lowering pressure=less flow from fixtures.
    Deposits throughout water system??? Has anyone ever tried to suckle CLR and run it through the sanitize mode??? Again, dry camp mode is awesome!!!
    Thank you!!

DD.
    If your sysem is like mine the city hose washer to the nautilus is a screen washer. I was experiencing less water flow than the normal low flow and the screen on the city water connection had a gunk on it from someones water system. Cleaned it off and the water flow was better.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn’t sound like you have any significant blockages, no need to CLR the system, as using the pump your pressure is “awesome”. As pointed out above, the low flow problem is likely between the regulator and the plumbing system. If you have an inlet screen, either in the supply hose or into the connection panel, check to see if it needs cleaning. If it is a hose screen issue, you should see a low flow rate to fill your fresh water tank using the campground source.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it is not the screen where the hose attaches to the inlet - How's the flow from the CG spigot? How is it from the end of the hose that goes into the camper? How is it with/without the regulator (unattached to camper)? Somewhere in that testing, you'll find the culprit that is blocking the flow.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not. The only thing i found was two kinked and twisted white hoses behind the Nautilus panel. I replaced them, now i have poor pressure in the rig because air is getting in somewhere.
    Im now in the dog house.
    Day two- redid my re-hose job and (after cleaning up GD's wiring mess for access-geez, who routes electrical wiring all through water hoses like spagetti??!!) and fix the air leak somewhere. Now just low pressure on city mode, the original problem. Wish I had 103 gallons of fresh water instead of the (apparently) 35 the 315 has. Oh-I get it now! 315 means 31.5 gallons of fresh water!!!

DD.
    Last edited by Dreamin' Dreamers; 12-01-2019 at 01:33 PM.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS