User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larger Tires on Imagine Trailers

Just wondering if anyone has put larger tires on an Imagine trailer.

After I get my leaf spring issues ironed out and adding the Morryde etc, I'm thinking it would be nice to put on 225/75/15's with an E load range instead of the 205's with a D load range. I'm also considering adding the LCI bolt on lift kit which would help with the clearance for the bigger tires.

Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks!
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering if you ever replaced your tires with larger ones. A 1/4" difference in tire size could me an extra 2" clearance on the tail of the trailer. Wondering if this would adversely affect the handling of your trailer. I'm thinking about going up a size from my 205/75R15s on my 2150RB.
    David, Shar and Bejr - Boise, Idaho
    2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB (Madge) - Andersen WD Hitch
    2004 Ford F150 5.4 (Henry) - Procomp Lift and traction bars, 4:56 Gears, Hypertech Tuned, Banks Monster Exhaust, K&N Intake, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by david3allens View Post
    Just wondering if you ever replaced your tires with larger ones. A 1/4" difference in tire size could me an extra 2" clearance on the tail of the trailer. Wondering if this would adversely affect the handling of your trailer. I'm thinking about going up a size from my 205/75R15s on my 2150RB.
    I actually did. I ended up replacing the leaf springs with 2000lb springs and adding thr trailair road Armors which gave me plenty of clearance.

I went with the Goodyear Endurance 225/75/15s and still have about 5" of clearance. I haven't taken the set up on a long trip yet. but seemed not to have any issues with it. Took it on the freeway and everything seemed smooth with no problems.
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see another Tundra and TRD Pro member on here!

I almost went with the 2800 but wanted to stay at or under 30’. How does the Tundra handle the 2800?

Here’s our Tundra with our 2400;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2719_heic-M.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	26976

Name:	IMG_2726_heic-S.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	26977
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That 1 Ron View Post
    Good to see another Tundra and TRD Pro member on here!

I almost went with the 2800 but wanted to stay at or under 30’. How does the Tundra handle the 2800?

Here’s our Tundra with our 2400;

Name:	IMG_2719_heic-M.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	26976

Name:	IMG_2726_heic-S.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	26977
    I tow a 2600RB with my Tundra and a Husky Centerline WDH. I couldn't be happier!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbostinker View Post

After I get my leaf spring issues ironed out and adding the Morryde etc, I'm thinking it would be nice to put on 225/75/15's with an E load range instead of the 205's with a D load range. I'm also considering adding the LCI bolt on lift kit which would help with the clearance for the bigger tires.

We put Goodyear Endurance 225/75/15 Load range E on at the dealership. We have an Imagine 2450rl.
    4,000 miles and no problems including some rough roads and one curb.
    Hope this helps:
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have the 2018 2800BH that came with the 3500# axles and the springs flatten within a year so ended up changing out to the 2200# springs with the MORryde equalizers. Before the tires were hitting the floor and now there is at least 4 inches of clearance now. I just changed out the tires from 205/75R15 to 225/75R15. With the bigger tires only lost a 1/2 inch of clearance but there is still plenty left. The bigger tires are a big improvement for the trailer for load handling as the old tires always look under inflated. Now the trailer seems to track more solid with less sway. I would definitely change up tire size as long as you have the clearance.
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine
    And a couple of Polaris RMK snowmobiles :cool:

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2800BH Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Rob&Vicki View Post
    We have the 2018 2800BH that came with the 3500# axles and the springs flatten within a year so ended up changing out to the 2200# springs with the MORryde equalizers. Before the tires were hitting the floor and now there is at least 4 inches of clearance now. I just changed out the tires from 205/75R15 to 225/75R15. With the bigger tires only lost a 1/2 inch of clearance but there is still plenty left. The bigger tires are a big improvement for the trailer for load handling as the old tires always look under inflated. Now the trailer seems to track more solid with less sway. I would definitely change up tire size as long as you have the clearance.
    Rob&Vicki - just wanted to check in and see if you were still happy with the larger tire size. I put the MORryde CRE3000 and new leaf springs after mine snapped on a bridge and spent 7 hours trying to fix it. Any way I wanted to add the Goodyear Endurance ST and go bigger with the 225's instead of the 205's. Just wanted to make sure you haven't had any problems or any concerns I should be aware of.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually did. I ended up replacing the leaf springs with 2000lb springs and adding thr trailair road Armors which gave me plenty of clearance.

I went with the Goodyear Endurance 225/75/15s and still have about 5" of clearance. I haven't taken the set up on a long trip yet. but seemed not to have any issues with it. Took it on the freeway and everything seemed smooth with no problems.
    I want to do the same 225 upgrade with my 2800BH. I put the MORryde CRE3000 kit on it
    Did you ever have any problems?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbgolfs View Post
    Rob&Vicki - just wanted to check in and see if you were still happy with the larger tire size. I put the MORryde CRE3000 and new leaf springs after mine snapped on a bridge and spent 7 hours trying to fix it. Any way I wanted to add the Goodyear Endurance ST and go bigger with the 225's instead of the 205's. Just wanted to make sure you haven't had any problems or any concerns I should be aware of.
    No problems with the bigger tires and the trailer handles better with the upgrades. The tires I have are transporters 10 ply E rated and working good. I run 60 pounds of air on the left side and 65 on the right. Right side is about 700 pounds heavier. Tires are wearing nice and flat, no cupping or uneven wear. Running with the tire max pressure is to much for the weight they are carrying and ride hard. The MorRyde is well worth the money. Just so you know, I weighted the trailer on both sides and the right was right at 3350 and the left was at just under 2800. Right springs were shot but the left were okay but got changed anyways.
    2020 Ford F350 6.7
    2018 2800BH Imagine
    And a couple of Polaris RMK snowmobiles :cool:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast