Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edandkaren View Post
    Wondering what type of fluid goes in the hydraulic jacks
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see this is your first post. Welcome. This is a great, knowledgeable and friendly site.

Assuming you have a Solitude or Momentum any ATF fluid can be used. I personally needed 1/2 gallon of Valvoline Dexron III to top up the system in my Solitude when brand new. If you put your trailer info in your signature (see mine as a possible example) you will get more specific answers to any questions.

From the Solitude manual;

The Lippert hydraulic slideout system uses automatic transmission
    fluid (ATF). Any ATF can be used. A full synthetic or
    synthetic blend works best such as Dexron II, Dexron III or
    Mercon 5.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 11-25-2019 at 05:29 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see this is in the "forum admin and site help" section. Maybe one of the moderators can move it to a more appropriate section where it will get more visibility and possibly more replies.

Chris.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. Yes, first post. We have the Solitude 384.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. We have the Solitude 384.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending upon what was used during assy of your fifth wheel the hydraulic reservoir could have been serviced with either

AW32 hydraulic fluid .... light honey brown color
    ATF ... red color

All of Lipperts documentation says ATF but the builder decides what they want to use in the way of fluid.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @edandkaren as a preventative to improve the smoothness of the hydraulics and prevent occasional pops and creaks, consider adding anti-stiction fluid to your hydraulic system. Here's a document from Lippert, the company that made your system, recommending it.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0002091.pdf

I did this even though I wasn't having serious problems - some minor creaking noises when raising/lowering - and noticed the difference. I used the CAT fluid of the three recommended after seeing comments by others that it was the best. Recently here, someone reported using something else and now having to redo the process because his more-serious popping problems were coming back.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have thumps/pops from your jacks read on. This was posted on Facebook: The popping noise may be coming from your leveling jacks. The solution is to add a quart of fork oil to your hydraulic reservoir. I contacted Lippert customer service with: We are getting a popping noise from our leveling system. Saw a posting on Facebook about this issue with a picture of your LIP Sheet 0295 which describes the remedy. Please email me the sheet or a link so I can share this with my dealer. We have a 2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVoyager View Post
    If you have thumps/pops from your jacks read on. This was posted on Facebook: The popping noise may be coming from your leveling jacks. The solution is to add a quart of fork oil to your hydraulic reservoir. I contacted Lippert customer service with: We are getting a popping noise from our leveling system. Saw a posting on Facebook about this issue with a picture of your LIP Sheet 0295 which describes the remedy. Please email me the sheet or a link so I can share this with my dealer. We have a 2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK.
    Hi there, I see that you're new here, welcome. Not sure if you're addressing anyone or responding to a previous post with your post quoted above. When you reply to a post you should always use the "Reply With Quote" link at the bottom of every message to ensure that everyone knows what you're posting about, and the person you're responding to gets a notification of your response.

So, on to your post. It *sounds* like you're asking for information that appears in post #8 above. I haven't heard it called "fork oil" before, but Lippert does recommend adding "anti-stiction fluid" to their hydraulic system to reduce the "thumps/pops" that you mention in your post.

The Lippert document about doing this is at the link in post #8 above, followed by my advice to use the CAT brand of fluid rather than either of the other two mentioned in Lippert's document.

EDIT: I've just noticed that one of the products in Lippert's document is called "fork oil" so I guess we are both talking about the same issue and the same remedy. All you need is in post #8 above.

Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 12-07-2019 at 06:05 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast