Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hydraulic jacks

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    @edandkaren as a preventative to improve the smoothness of the hydraulics and prevent occasional pops and creaks, consider adding anti-stiction fluid to your hydraulic system. Here's a document from Lippert, the company that made your system, recommending it.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0002091.pdf

I did this even though I wasn't having serious problems - some minor creaking noises when raising/lowering - and noticed the difference. I used the CAT fluid of the three recommended after seeing comments by others that it was the best. Recently here, someone reported using something else and now having to redo the process because his more-serious popping problems were coming back.
    Amen to this! Our Solitude 379FL would creak and pop during the night waking us up. After a year or so I bought the quart of the slippery anti-stiction fluid from a Caterpillar store. That was the very last time we have heard or felt any popping in the jack system!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few years ago there was a thread on the site with many of us that bought back in 2014-2016. It was generally found that following the Lippert procedure with the Cat fluid resulted in a once-and-done procedure. Those that used the other products more often had to repeat the process. We got the CAT 1U-9891 Fluid at Wheeler CAT in Salt Lake City for $28.70 on 17-November-2015. Once-and-done.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12