User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zadiemay View Post
    wow, - I guess it was a short time sale.
    I was going to get them, but DH said NOT YET...... so I wait....
    I doubt you'll see any of the major lithium players lowering prices below $900 (except rare occasions) for the next couple years.
    They don't need to sell them any cheaper because there is such a high demand.

If you haven't already, check out the Lion Energy LiFeP04 batteries.
    These are the version 2 which are 105ah. They are significantly smaller and lighter than a Battle Born.
    They're $899 each with a lifetime warranty.
    But if you use the code Morris5 you'll get $45 off. But that code goes away on Dec 4th.

Here's a link

https://www.continuousresources.com/...battery?aff=10
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 12-02-2019 at 08:32 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He said we won’t ever camp boondock... and a we have a generator.... but the thing weighs a lot & even though it is a Honda, it ain’t quiet...[emoji3166]. So I bide more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He said we won’t ever camp boondock... and a we have a generator.... but the thing weighs a lot & even though it is a Honda, it ain’t quiet...[emoji3166]. So I bide more time.
    If no interest in boondocking, why post links to a lithium battery?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They link was good yesterday, and I noticed there was a newer version of the battery.....must have been blowing out "old" version....

Next year is my year to get Lithium.....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    If no interest in boondocking, why post links to a lithium battery?
    We have only boondocked once before, it was not bad, but it was in a small Jayco. DH thinks that boondoocking is in the middle of no where & not safe (think homeless camps, not sure why.) I think having OPTIONS on where we camp, or when we camp is a good thing. I also have read more than once, someone gets to a full campground to find the electric does not work properly, (you may have even one). I don't want to have a spoiled vacation because we have no electric. We can live without a tv and microwave, but we need some electric for running mission critical items, ie refer, heating, c-pap etc. We may or may not get some solar, but to have a good battery to be able to keep the power on is critical. The crappy lead-acid battery that came with the camper is a joke. So have been trying to decide whether to get a AGM or Lithium. Pros and cons to both. The con to the lithium is not so much the price of the battery but all the other upgrades that are required to get it to work. The con to a AGM is that you really need 2 100aH batteries to get as much power as you would out of 1 lithium 100aH, if I have read correctly. So if I have to buy 2 AGM, I have more than double the weight & space of a lithium for the same price. (Am I correct in those?) So being the good Girl Scout & Boy Scout that I am, I am trying to be prepared for what ever gets thrown our way, and be able to enjoy our time out camping, and God forbid, we loose our house & have to camp in the middle of a field, we can do so with reasonable comfort!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lithium Battery Charger

We have only boondocked once before, it was not bad, but it was in a small Jayco. DH thinks that boondoocking is in the middle of no where & not safe (think homeless camps, not sure why.) I think having OPTIONS on where we camp, or when we camp is a good thing. I also have read more than once, someone gets to a full campground to find the electric does not work properly, (you may have even one). I don't want to have a spoiled vacation because we have no electric. We can live without a tv and microwave, but we need some electric for running mission critical items, ie refer, heating, c-pap etc. We may or may not get some solar, but to have a good battery to be able to keep the power on is critical. The crappy lead-acid battery that came with the camper is a joke. So have been trying to decide whether to get a AGM or Lithium. Pros and cons to both. The con to the lithium is not so much the price of the battery but all the other upgrades that are required to get it to work. The con to a AGM is that you really need 2 100aH batteries to get as much power as you would out of 1 lithium 100aH, if I have read correctly. So if I have to buy 2 AGM, I have more than double the weight & space of a lithium for the same price. (Am I correct in those?) So being the good Girl Scout & Boy Scout that I am, I am trying to be prepared for what ever gets thrown our way, and be able to enjoy our time out camping, and God forbid, we loose our house & have to camp in the middle of a field, we can do so with reasonable comfort!
    Lithium batteries like the battle born or the Lion Energy or Relion lithiums are considered “drop-in replacements”. Meaning there’s nothing else you need to buy. Some people recommend buying additional equipment like a better quality converter/charger because it will charge the lithium batteries faster and more efficiently, but it isn’t necessary.
    The factory equipment will not harm the lithium batteries because they have built-in battery management systems that prevents that.
    In summary, the factory equipment will work just fine with lithium, just not as well as aftermarket, and you still get the advantages of lithium like the dramatic weight savings and far more useable power in the same space.
    Plus! You no longer have to worry about doing permanent irreversible damage by dropping below 50% charge on your batteries.
    I have run everything in my Reflection including the microwave when my batteries were at 16%.

As far as boondocking being unsafe, he needs to do more research because that’s complete BS.
    We’ve been doing it for almost 2 years and have seen way way more crime in RV campgrounds and resorts than when we’re boondocking.

We camp in remote areas all the time and no one is ever around just waiting to break in and steal our stuff. That’s how some people think, but we feel we have vastly greater experiences and far more beautiful surroundings while boondocking.

This is why we spent $10,000 on our solar setup. So we could spend months at a time in remote areas and not have to listen to a generator, smell the fumes or deal with constantly buying fuel for it.

We don’t have to turn anything on, we just always have electricity. We can enjoy the view and listen to the sounds of nature.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4212.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	23731
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 12-03-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Lithium batteries like the battle born or the Lion Energy or Relion lithiums are considered “drop-in replacements”. Meaning there’s nothing else you need to buy. Some people recommend buying additional equipment like a better quality converter/charger because it will charge the lithium batteries faster and more efficiently, but it isn’t necessary.
    The factory equipment will not harm the lithium batteries because they have built-in battery management systems that prevents that.
    In summary, the factory equipment will work just fine with lithium, just not as well as aftermarket, and you still get the advantages of lithium like the dramatic weight savings and far more useable power in the same space.
    Plus! You no longer have to worry about doing permanent irreversible damage by dropping below 50% charge on your batteries.
    I have run everything in my Reflection including the microwave when my batteries were at 16%.

As far as boondocking being unsafe, he needs to do more research because that’s complete BS.
    We’ve been doing it for almost 2 years and have seen way way more crime in RV campgrounds and resorts than when we’re boondocking.

We camp in remote areas all the time and no one is ever around just waiting to break in and steal our stuff. That’s how some people think, but we feel we have vastly greater experiences and far more beautiful surroundings while boondocking.

This is why we spent $10,000 on our solar setup. So we could spend months at a time in remote areas and not have to listen to a generator, smell the fumes or deal with constantly buying fuel for it.

We don’t have to turn anything on, we just always have electricity. We can enjoy the view and listen to the sounds of nature.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4212.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	23731
    So what you are sayings we DON'T need to get a better charger (converter) thing? I was told that ours only does 12.6 or something and lithiums need to be 14.4 (can't remember exact numbers right now) By Battle Born. We have a Imagine 2970RL, would love to just drop in & that is why I haven't gotten one yet.... My DH is on the cautious side & it took me a couple of years to even talk him into the camper.... We both tent camped as kids & want to do more, just more comfortably lol.... so it may be another 6 months to a year to get him more comfortable with boondocking....Plus, I still have an umbilical cord to work & can't go too far yet. In several years, I hope that we can go out where we can do some boondocking & working up to it!
    So.... If you are correct I am sad, because I could have gotten batteries for 5xx yesterday & now can't....

PS when boondocking - how do you get water & dump tanks? I can go for about 5 days on fresh water & tanks/ but haven't made it more than that.
    Lorna

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what you are sayings we DON'T need to get a better charger (converter) thing? I was told that ours only does 12.6 or something and lithiums need to be 14.4 (can't remember exact numbers right now) By Battle Born. We have a Imagine 2970RL, would love to just drop in & that is why I haven't gotten one yet.... My DH is on the cautious side & it took me a couple of years to even talk him into the camper.... We both tent camped as kids & want to do more, just more comfortably lol.... so it may be another 6 months to a year to get him more comfortable with boondocking....Plus, I still have an umbilical cord to work & can't go too far yet. In several years, I hope that we can go out where we can do some boondocking & working up to it!
    So.... If you are correct I am sad, because I could have gotten batteries for 5xx yesterday & now can't....

PS when boondocking - how do you get water & dump tanks? I can go for about 5 days on fresh water & tanks/ but haven't made it more than that.
    Lorna
    If you get the model number off your converter you can call Battle born and they will confirm if it will work or not. That's what I did prior to buying the batteries. Most likely it will work just not to the potential of the new battery. It will charge at a much slower rate than a purpose built lithium converter will. A new lithium converter isn't very expensive. I just left the old converter in place just unhooked so I can reattach it when I change units so I can take my batteries with me. The lithium converter can not be used with standard batteries
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    If you get the model number off your converter you can call Battle born and they will confirm if it will work or not. That's what I did prior to buying the batteries. Most likely it will work just not to the potential of the new battery. It will charge at a much slower rate than a purpose built lithium converter will. A new lithium converter isn't very expensive. I just left the old converter in place just unhooked so I can reattach it when I change units so I can take my batteries with me. The lithium converter can not be used with standard batteries
    I did, they said I need a different converter, then I need the monitor stuff and a bunch of wiring, based on other posts......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The converter I see and will probably get is Progressive Dynamics 60 amp for lithium. 214.00
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast