User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsavino View Post
    I have purchased 3Batt Born batteries for my 2019 Solitude 374THR. I had a WFCO WF-9855 converter/charger which came in my unit. As said earlier by someone it only put out 13.2 volts in float mode which is not enough to properly charge the batteries. I purchased a progressive Dynamics PD9180AL from Matt Dalley at. Continuous Resources. It puts out 14.4 volts and keeps my batteries charged perfectly!!
    You replaced a 55 amp converter with a 80 amp converter. Did you need to increase the size of any of your wiring? The Progressive Dynamics pages warn that when replacing a converter with one that has more amps the wires must be properly sized. What wires would need to be checked to make sure they are large enough. Since I don’t know anything about this I was hoping you or someone else might be able to help. I am looking to upgrade to lithium batteries.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are two wires going to the converter black and red. The wires are plenty big enough to handel the extra current. Keep in mind that’s 80 amps DC. I went with the 80 amp (which was suggested by Matt) due to the 3 100 amp hour battle born batteries, to charge them faster.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsavino View Post
    There are two wires going to the converter black and red. The wires are plenty big enough to handel the extra current. Keep in mind that’s 80 amps DC. I went with the 80 amp (which was suggested by Matt) due to the 3 100 amp hour battle born batteries, to charge them faster.
    Keep in mind that 80 amp charge is divided equally across all 3 of your batteries so you’re only putting 26 amps into each one... max.

Also, each Battle Born will accept 50 amps max. This is limited by the BMS.

This is why I have the most powerful converter/ charger I could find. Mine puts out 125 amps and I have 4 lithium batteries so each one receives 31 amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the wfco is hard wired how are people wiring the pd's?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RudyAndi View Post
    If the wfco is hard wired how are people wiring the pd's?
    Replacing the WFCO with the PD.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What DMB said. Remove the WFCO, swap in the lithium converter, some upsized wire to the battery(s).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Progressive Dynamics PD9170L Wiring.pdf  
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed mine next to the batteries. I then plug in to the GFI plug in the garage. So far it has worked perfectly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download_20200209_142206.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	24984

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No kidding

Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Exactly what they told me. Someone needs to get their stories straight
    I’m late getting into this game but I called Battleborn when I bought two batteries on their Black Friday sale. The girl I talked to seemed surprised when I asked her about chargers and whether or not my stock charger could handle it. Her reply was “Why wouldn’t it?” Then I accessed this video from they’re web sight, which is still up:
    https://battlebornbatteries.com/buy-...po4-batteries/. Very confusing, my objective was to build a solar system a bit at a time, hope I haven’t ruined the batteries.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwj5000 View Post
    I’m late getting into this game but I called Battleborn when I bought two batteries on their Black Friday sale. The girl I talked to seemed surprised when I asked her about chargers and whether or not my stock charger could handle it. Her reply was “Why wouldn’t it?” Then I accessed this video from they’re web sight, which is still up:
    https://battlebornbatteries.com/buy-...po4-batteries/. Very confusing, my objective was to build a solar system a bit at a time, hope I haven’t ruined the batteries.
    No worries Rwj... the built in BMS protects the batteries. Using an old charger will only get the lithiums to about 80% charge. That's why you want a new one. I doubt you spent all that money for only 80% of the product.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234