User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zadiemay View Post
    I did, they said I need a different converter, then I need the monitor stuff and a bunch of wiring, based on other posts......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's unfortunate, Mine stock one would have worked. All you NEED then is a new converter which should be about $200 and the battery. Anything else is a bonus. Swap out the converter and drop in the battery and your good to go. The monitor is nice to track usage but not needed. The panel will no longer give you a usable reading as it tracks voltage drop and lithium's don't drop much if at all until their dead. I ran for several months prior to adding the monitor. Only ran them dead once and I was testing to see how long I could go.
    Last edited by JKellerJr; 12-03-2019 at 04:12 PM.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    The converter I see and will probably get is Progressive Dynamics 60 amp for lithium. 214.00
    That is the one I got. I found it cheaper than that somewhere. I'll see if I can find it again.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did, they said I need a different converter, then I need the monitor stuff and a bunch of wiring, based on other posts......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting. Have a look at this Battleborn web page. https://battlebornbatteries.com/char...ibility-table/

My 2020 Reflection 337RLS has a WFCO 9855 charger converter in it and from the information on this page it looks like it should work. Look at the chart and the September 10 2018 comment. What converter/charger do you have?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&J___ View Post
    Interesting. Have a look at this Battleborn web page. https://battlebornbatteries.com/char...ibility-table/

My 2020 Reflection 337RLS has a WFCO 9855 charger converter in it and from the information on this page it looks like it should work. Look at the chart and the September 10 2018 comment. What converter/charger do you have?
    Imagines just are not built the same....

On May 29, 2019, at 1:04 AM, Battle Born Batteries <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Lorma,

The WFCO-9855 unit will not charge the batteries properly due the output of 13.6V and we require a charing voltage of 14.2-14.6 volts. We would recommend Progressive Dynamics 12V 60-amp LiFePO4 Battery Charger. I've attached a link below to the unit.

https://battlebornbatteries.com/shop...ttery-charger/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Lorma,

The WFCO-9855 unit will not charge the batteries properly due the output of 13.6V and we require a charing voltage of 14.2-14.6 volts. We would recommend Progressive Dynamics 12V 60-amp LiFePO4 Battery Charger. I've attached a link below to the unit.

Something is off there, may want to call and talk with someone. First the 9855 is what I had and they confirmed it would work and the 9855 is a 3 stage with a bulk charge rate of 14.4. When I was discussing it with them they said it would just charge much slower. Now maybe new info has come up since then and they now are seeing other issues with that unit?

Regardless you can find that charger for significantly less money and it would be money well spent
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Lorma,

Looks like Battleborn needs to pull that web page if they have changed their recommendation. Below is what is said in the comments on this page https://battlebornbatteries.com/char...ibility-table/

——————-

Brian Wickett | Sep 9, 2018 at 9:19 pm

I have the WFCO 9855 converter/charger. Is this compatible with your battery?

Dianne F | Sep 10, 2018 at 8:26 am

Brian,
    WFCO chargers work great with our batteries. The charger should at least have a 14.4V bulk and a float of 13.6V or lower. From my knowledge I believe the WFCO 9855 provides 14.4V bulk, and 13.2V Float which would be great for our batteries! However for a boost in charging just make sure you drop the batteries down to a 12.2V but there is also a replacement that would help with that. Thanks. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Our phone is 855-292-2831, Have a great week!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&J___ View Post
    Looks like Battleborn needs to pull that web page if they have changed their recommendation. Below is what is said in the comments on this page https://battlebornbatteries.com/char...ibility-table/

——————-

Brian Wickett | Sep 9, 2018 at 9:19 pm

I have the WFCO 9855 converter/charger. Is this compatible with your battery?

Dianne F | Sep 10, 2018 at 8:26 am

Brian,
    WFCO chargers work great with our batteries. The charger should at least have a 14.4V bulk and a float of 13.6V or lower. From my knowledge I believe the WFCO 9855 provides 14.4V bulk, and 13.2V Float which would be great for our batteries! However for a boost in charging just make sure you drop the batteries down to a 12.2V but there is also a replacement that would help with that. Thanks. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Our phone is 855-292-2831, Have a great week!
    Exactly what they told me. Someone needs to get their stories straight
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way it was explained to me was (and I'm going off memory here) that you can only bulk charge a regular battery up to 70 or 80 percent then it has to slow down to the absorption rate or it will burn up. A lithium with bulk charge to almost full. So that last 20/30% with the WFCO charger will be painfully slow.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 9855 seems to like 13.6, even when battery is at 50%......think I saw 14.2 for a split second! Lol

I would change converters.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have purchased 3Batt Born batteries for my 2019 Solitude 374THR. I had a WFCO WF-9855 converter/charger which came in my unit. As said earlier by someone it only put out 13.2 volts in float mode which is not enough to properly charge the batteries. I purchased a progressive Dynamics PD9180AL from Matt Dalley at. Continuous Resources. It puts out 14.4 volts and keeps my batteries charged perfectly!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast