Likes Likes:  0

Thread: side awning

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

side awning

We have a 10 ft high shade that attaches to our electric awning. We also have a side awning that is designed to go from the rig to the outer roller of the awning. Problem is this smaller side awning is very difficult to attach to the hook screwed to the rig. the other end is on a type of stretch rope that also goes over a hook attached to the roller and draws up tight. I wonder if any of you good, highly intelligent folks might have a suggestion for drawing the edge of the side shade up to the hook on the rig? The company, ShadePro, used a larger then average awning rod to put the side shade's small little pocket onto the hook. This does not work. I'm thinking (and that hurts) that I might have to rig up some type of pully system like is used to pull up a flag but I do not think I would want to leave that attached to the rig while going down the road. Any ideas?
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    We have a 10 ft high shade that attaches to our electric awning. We also have a side awning that is designed to go from the rig to the outer roller of the awning. Problem is this smaller side awning is very difficult to attach to the hook screwed to the rig. the other end is on a type of stretch rope that also goes over a hook attached to the roller and draws up tight. I wonder if any of you good, highly intelligent folks might have a suggestion for drawing the edge of the side shade up to the hook on the rig? The company, ShadePro, used a larger then average awning rod to put the side shade's small little pocket onto the hook. This does not work. I'm thinking (and that hurts) that I might have to rig up some type of pully system like is used to pull up a flag but I do not think I would want to leave that attached to the rig while going down the road. Any ideas?
    Dick, We have the front shade, but haven’t purchased the side shade yet. I know the setup, though. A friend with a Reflection has the side shade hooks installed. We travel with a grabber that would extend your reach at least to 10’. You might try attaching 10’ of thin, light line to the grommet on the high side of the shade, reach up with line held by the grabber, loop it over the hook, then hoist the corner of the shade that way. You could keep the light line (thin rope, sturdy enough to lift the corner of the shade, but not so thick it obstructs the opening that goes on the hook) on the shade when stored, that way it’s not attached to the trailer.
    N

Edit: Just noticed you said the corner has a “pocket” for the hook. You might have to install your own grommet. Easy to do and they’re sold in all sizes.
    Last edited by Houndbb; 11-27-2019 at 01:02 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L