User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question About the New Momentum 350M

After talking with one of the heads of design and development of the Momentums at Grand Design, he informed me that there was a lighter toy hauler coming out, so we decided to wait. Well the wait is almost over, (I think). We haven't had a 350M come on to any local lots down in south Louisiana yet, so the only looks I have had of this unit has been from pictures from other dealers in other states helping me out. What these pictures don't do is tell me the full story, I need to know about a few things.

1. In the front bedroom there is a second A/C unit, but this unit has knobs on the ceiling part. When I asked the dealer if this was controlled from the actual unit or from a thermostat, he told me it was controlled off the thermostat, but he could not tell me why the knobs are on there. So, can anyone here help me with this one?

2. On the Grand Design Website, it shows a picture of the rear front of the garage looking towards the coach interior and it shows it to have what appears to be a fantastic fan control switch, is this only an option for the M-Class units?

3. We looked at another brand with the exact layout of this unit, it had the outside entertainment package (Includes a tv and speakers in a compartment behind the sofa's on the slide), but on this other brand, because this option is there, the middle two recliners cannot recline due to that box being there. Does anybody know if this is an issue with the Grand Designs?

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD350M View Post
    After talking with one of the heads of design and development of the Momentums at Grand Design, he informed me that there was a lighter toy hauler coming out, so we decided to wait. Well the wait is almost over, (I think). We haven't had a 350M come on to any local lots down in south Louisiana yet, so the only looks I have had of this unit has been from pictures from other dealers in other states helping me out. What these pictures don't do is tell me the full story, I need to know about a few things.

1. In the front bedroom there is a second A/C unit, but this unit has knobs on the ceiling part. When I asked the dealer if this was controlled from the actual unit or from a thermostat, he told me it was controlled off the thermostat, but he could not tell me why the knobs are on there. So, can anyone here help me with this one?

2. On the Grand Design Website, it shows a picture of the rear front of the garage looking towards the coach interior and it shows it to have what appears to be a fantastic fan control switch, is this only an option for the M-Class units?

3. We looked at another brand with the exact layout of this unit, it had the outside entertainment package (Includes a tv and speakers in a compartment behind the sofa's on the slide), but on this other brand, because this option is there, the middle two recliners cannot recline due to that box being there. Does anybody know if this is an issue with the Grand Designs?
    Hi @GD350M,

Thank you for your interest in our Momentum 350M!

Those are the drop down air conditioner control knobs.

Option on the M-Class.

The outside entertainment center has been designed so the recliners can recline.

If you have further questions, Nate Goldenberg (the GM for our Momentum products), has asked that you contact him directly. His cell phone number is (574) 529-1010.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDRV Customer Service View Post
    Hi @GD350M,

Thank you for your interest in our Momentum 350M!

Those are the drop down air conditioner control knobs.
    So, does it then get controlledby the Dometic Thermostat or is it manual controlled from those cheap knobs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured it all out now. Thanks for the help