User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Mirrors Fell Out

After our last trip when opening the side doors on either side of the bed the mirrors on both of the doors fell out. After looking at them the only thing holding them in was a very thin strip of silicone sealant. This is a very poor design has anyone else had this problem? My trailer is a 2670MK. Another problem that I had was the drawers in the cabinet over the water heater slid forward during transit on a previous trip and the #1 slide crushed them when putting slide out. There is no way to see them until it is too late. Also on the last trip the shower curtain slide fell apart and was laying on the floor when we got home. I find that these units look very nice when new on the lot but are of very poor quality when in use!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfcreek View Post
    After our last trip when opening the side doors on either side of the bed the mirrors on both of the doors fell out. After looking at them the only thing holding them in was a very thin strip of silicone sealant. This is a very poor design has anyone else had this problem? My trailer is a 2670MK. Another problem that I had was the drawers in the cabinet over the water heater slid forward during transit on a previous trip and the #1 slide crushed them when putting slide out. There is no way to see them until it is too late. Also on the last trip the shower curtain slide fell apart and was laying on the floor when we got home. I find that these units look very nice when new on the lot but are of very poor quality when in use!
    Sorry to hear you’re having these problems. If you’re still under warranty, the drawers and shower curtain rod will be replaced. As for the mirror/glass panels falling out, several people have written about this here. Seems like you could secure them back using glazier points and re-glaze with something other than silicon.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The large mirrors in our sliding closet doors were falling out within days of getting our new Solitude. The dealer offered to fix them but could not tell me exactly how they would do that. We didn't really like the mirrors and the weight they added to the flimsy doors, so I removed them and replaced them with luan wood panels. We painted the panels a contrasting color and they look nice. I secured the new panels in the door frames with GE silicone adhesive. We got a full length mirror that hangs over the bedroom door.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]