User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'VE WORKED WITH LADIES THAT BACK 53' TRAILERS FOR LIVING. And they tow that same trsiler behind a semi. Peterbilts usually. Skills are built after training. Drive it and enjoy the ride

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To doubting my abilities;
    I have a dodge 2500 and pull a GD310GK. If you tke it easy and WATCH you won't have any problesms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our first 5er we bought used because I didn't want a brand new one to practice with. It's an older 3400 RL, almost 38 feet overall. It pulls like a dream behind my Ford dually, but as other people have mentioned the turns and backing can be challenging. It's a lot easier than you would think. You'll do fine, as will your lady friend. Enjoy!

Left The Driveway
    Full timers. Most of our time spent in Austin TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteHauler View Post
    1. One thing I learned was to only drive around 350 miles per day which means, for me, that I can get from one camp groun
    d to the other and not stop for fuel.
    2. With that said, I leave the trailer at the camp site so when I fuel up, finding a large enough gas station is no worry.
    3. Also, if I find myself needing gas, my wife looks ahead for stations and then looks at a Google satellite view to see what entrance is best for making the stop. This works as long as you have internet available where you are traveling.

I hope these tips help you out!
    CoyoteHauler
    It was intimidating at first getting into the fuel lines with the big rigs, I'll admit. But after a few times, we just pull in the line with them. I've had zero problems. It's good to have a copilot to help navigate, the truck entrances are usually well marked. One thing to be aware of, the nozzles on those pumps are much larger than on a pump you're accustomed to. And they pump at a fast rate so it is best to stay at the nozzle during fueling! Once I stepped away from the pump and fuel started overflowing, gushing from my tank. A trucker saw it and honked. I was close by so not too much ran on the ground. It won't take long to fill your tank. Also, those pumps at Pilot or Loves don't accept a regular credit card so you will have to go inside and prepay for your fuel. I am a member of Good Sam's Club and have a Pilot credit card which can be used at the pump of Flying J or Pilot stations. Pilot has a good app you can download that shows stations on your route.
    Just take it slow, look up down, right left, front back. Be aware of everything around you. Soon it will become second nature.
    Bill

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did the same thing. Sold everything and hit the road in 2014 39ft 369RL towed by Ram 3500. My only concern with my wife driving was her lack of situational awareness and inability to drive a half mile ahead of where she was at. You HAVE to watch what is going on way ahead of you to be able to react properly. Small things like getting into a lane you will need long before you need it is a good idea. I did all the driving. Just a note too, we did Amazon and Oil Field gate guarding for occasional money if anyone is interested.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollantaytambo View Post
    We did the same thing. Sold everything and hit the road in 2014 39ft 369RL towed by Ram 3500. My only concern with my wife driving was her lack of situational awareness and inability to drive a half mile ahead of where she was at. You HAVE to watch what is going on way ahead of you to be able to react properly. Small things like getting into a lane you will need long before you need it is a good idea. I did all the driving. Just a note too, we did Amazon and Oil Field gate guarding for occasional money if anyone is interested.
    That's the only way you survive riding a motorcycle in the concrete jungle! Been riding all of my life and I believe it paid off big time when it came time to pull a 42' toyhauler full time.

A side note.....I've noticed that the OP hasn't been back since her first post.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    I never back up without a spotter...Never! My wife is the only spotter I use. We're used to each other and when I don't see her in the mirror I stop until I do.

I don't take my trailer to get diesel. I have an auxiliary tank that holds enough for 2 to 3 days driving (90 gal). If I were to buy another one I would get 45 to 50 gal.
    Why would you drop down to a 45 or 50 gal Aux tank? Just curious since I plan on getting one. Thanks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the info

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I don't but I'm putting in a automatic slide hitch with an 18" slide with a 24lbs capacity.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the great info

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast