Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered Viar 400 and Surge Guard from TechnoRV. Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on that suggestion for Oxygenics shower head. Those are awesome!
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have both a 5th wheel and a TT and I can't think of anything except the hitch stabilizer stand that was already mentioned that is different. For a similar size rig the only real differences relate to the hitching systems. For example I need a small stool to reach over the truck side walls to open the hitch. Depending on how you used your truck with your TT, you need to plan storage in the bed of your truck more carefully with a 5th Wheel. We have some bins we use that keep anything we store in the truck bed out of the way of the hitch and the electrical. The hardest part of making the transition is getting used to the differences in the way the 5th wheel and the TT track and back up.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile New Fifth Wheel

[QUOTE=Sowbug;267918]New Solitude 310 GK ordered and will be delivered in February or March. We sold a travel trailer and have all the basics accessories.

What accessories will we need that we didn’t need with a travel trailer for a fifth wheel? Already picked out a hitch (goosebox).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

The first thing that I had my dealer install were safety related:
    1) A Progressive Industries hardwired surge protector
    2) Our fifth wheel came prewired for a back up camera, and in my opinion, it is invaluable

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sowbug View Post
    New Solitude 310 GK ordered and will be delivered in February or March. We sold a travel trailer and have all the basics accessories.
    What accessories will we need that we didn’t need with a travel trailer for a fifth wheel? Already picked out a hitch (goosebox).
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Harbor Freight Tools sells a nice 12 volt high-volume compressor for about $85. It claims that it go to 130+ Psi. It had hefty alligator clips with a very long cable and a 20 foot coiled detachable hose that has a pressure gage. It also comes with a nice zippered storage bag. I can connect the clips to my battery in the front boot of our Solitude 379FL (42.5 ft.) and am able to reach all four RV tires and the 6 tires on my truck. Worth the investment.

If you like to use a lot of water like we do (our idea of "roughing it" used to be a black and white TV, but now its no WIFI) and If you plan to spend more than 3 or 4 days in places that do not have full hook-up, you "may" wish to invest in a blue portable sewage tank. You should also plan on how you will tote water between the source and your tank. Just 2c.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    For a portable, the one below. I have it, works well.

https://www.viaircorp.com/portables/450p-rv-auto

If you want to build it into your truck I'm not sure which one to recommend. I had one (don't remember which model but it was a VIAIR) built into the truck when we bought our Reflection with 80psi tires, still have it there but it was a 100psi pump. Having that system upgraded to one that could manage the 110psi tires was going to cost hundreds of dollars more than buying a portable, so I bought the portable above. Kinda sorry I did that... hauling out the portable and hooking up to battery and putting it all away are little annoyances after being able to just plug a hose under the bumper of the truck. But... I'm almost retired, I shouldn't grumble.
    When it comes to powering up that Viair, I hated using the battery clamps, I also hated having to lift the hood on the truck to get to the battery and keep the engine running.

So, what I did, was cut off the battery clamps and install a 7-pin connector and wired the Viair to the 12 volt pins. Now I can just plug the Viair into my 7-pin connector and start the truck (if necessary).

At least that was the theory, what I found out was that the "Trailer Power/12 volt" pins were not activated on my truck unless the computer sensed the trailer brakes as being present (sometimes they make things too complicated). So, to solve this issue, I added an extra 7-pin connector onto the bumper of my truck and wired it for 12 volts (only) and tied it into my 40 amp up-fitter switch in the cab. Without the up-fitter switches I would have added the circuit using a relay to switch the 40 amp circuit.

Now, I have 12 volt power at the back of the truck for whatever I need.

I also plan to install a 7-pin female connector onto the camper so I can run the compressor directly off the camper batteries.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would recommend replacing both exhaust fans with Remote Controlled Fantastic Fans and their associated covers. Those were the first things we bought (and had the dealer install them). We really like being able to control the fans using the remote and also being able to reverse the airflow. It really reduces the use of the air conditioner, we simply turn on the fan(s) and crack open a couple of windows and the camper stays cool for most of the day (even here in Florida).

You may not like the price on the remote controlled fans, but the comfort and convenience is really worth it.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We upgraded from a TT to our 310GK at the end of July. Here's my list of what's new/different:
    Andersen Blocks (2) and Snap Pads (4) to take full advantage of the auto-leveling. I still bring stacking blocks and will use them for side-to-side leveling
    Retrax Tonneau Cover for our truck (we also switched from a large SUV to a SRW F350)
    50-Amp Southwire surge protector (replacing my 30-amp unit).
    50-Amp Extension Cord (15-foot) - connection to GD being mid-unit makes it more likely I'll need the extra when the pedestal is at the back of the site.
    Small step for reaching over the bed rails to manage the emergency brake cable
    More plastic bins for managing gear in the basement. The ones sold at Costco can stack 3-high in there.
    Pruning shears (and considering a short pole option) - Went onto the roof at our last CG and trimmed vegetation away from my rig.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Dewalt has plenty of power and is right at 30lbs

DEWALT Pancake Air Compressor, 6 Gallon, 165 PSI (DWFP5512

$169.00

You may also consider:
    - Black tank flush hose - cheap orange hose is $10
    - Faucet y splitter so you can hook up your fresh water and black tank at the same time and not mess with changing hoses

Have fun and best of luck
    2020 Solitude 385 GK R
    2019 F-350 Diesel King Ranch SRW
    Load Lifter 5000 lb Air Lift Airbags

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some good items mentioned; two things I didn't see:
    > 50 amp to 30 Amp adapter - allows you to stay at 30 amp only sites
    > Beefier Chocks - I had the really small Camco yellow chocks and wasn't comfortable with them for a larger unit
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast