User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about this thread, I would have to make my number one recommendation be a right angle 50 amp "dog-bone" adapter for attaching your 50 amp power cord to your coach. I don't know why Grand Design does not use a right-angle power cord to reduce the stress placed on the power cord from gravity. This is one of the first accessories I purchased for our new Solitude.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A set of Goodyear Endurance tires!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Thinking about this thread, I would have to make my number one recommendation be a right angle 50 amp "dog-bone" adapter for attaching your 50 amp power cord to your coach. I don't know why Grand Design does not use a right-angle power cord to reduce the stress placed on the power cord from gravity. This is one of the first accessories I purchased for our new Solitude.
    I agree completely. I got mine right away after seeing what was supplied by GD. In my opinion there is no excuse for NOT providing it on the cord to begin with.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, GD should supply Right Angle Power Cords.
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My current Momentum 376TH is our 4th trailer. And, after my last work trip which recently left me in the cold temps longer than I thought I would be..... I ended up buying several of these items..... and would highly recommend -

Propane tank monitor mentioned in prior post - MUST HAVE and very easy to use, and reliable.
    Longer 50 amp extension - whether it be 10 or 15 more feet. Last site had meter way at back and my supplied cord was stretched to max. Would have been nice to have another extension.
    Lowe's is currently selling a Craftsman portable air compressor for the holidays - 6gal tank, 150psi, very portable and lightweight, great for hauling in the trailer - $99 ( I managed to find one with a free finish nailer, staple gun, and brad nailer included), but I have also seen some at $99 with just one nailer included.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Some good items mentioned; two things I didn't see:
    > 50 amp to 30 Amp adapter - allows you to stay at 30 amp only sites
    You should also get the 30 amp to 20 amp adapter. At our current site, the power pole was way in the back and on the curb side, fortunately, I had a heavy duty Construction type extenstion cord and both my 50 amp/30 amp and my 30 amp/20 amp adapters with me.

Our coach ran just fine on 20 amps for a couple of nights until I could get my 30 amp extenstion cord from the house (we were camping 50 miles from home).

PS: We are still camping for a month using only 30 amps in Florida.
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123