User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I do too. It's a PITA to get the posts to realign but I get it close and just manually move it from there.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a setup that was very much the same as your pics on a 5er at a campground outside of Ilwaco, WA this last August.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I noticed those photos are almost 6 years old, have you sold a lot of them?
    It’s a great setup.
    But it wouldn’t work for us since we’re full timing and have no home base to store the device or hitch.

If I ever did need to remove my B&W I would just leave it connected and remove the 4 cotter pins that hold it in the bed, then pull the truck forward, no lifting involved.
    The hitch just hangs off the trailer.

Attachment 23716

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wonder if leaving the hitch hanging there is good for the trailer. It seems it would put a strain on things. I have a slide B&W. It must weigh a couple hundred pounds.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petendoll View Post
    I wonder if leaving the hitch hanging there is good for the trailer. It seems it would put a strain on things. I have a slide B&W. It must weigh a couple hundred pounds.
    It’s designed to handle several thousand pounds of force in all directions while you’re towing but you think 175 lbs is going to damage it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    It is an interesting system, and certainly looks like it would make the job much easier. Like @DaveMatthewsBand, we are full-timers, but we have the additional benefit of a permanent home base RV site that we own, complete with a 10x10x10 shed.

We picked up a crane (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stark-50...75-H/311847464) that hooks up to the receiver hitch on the back of the truck. It's been used to lift the hitch out before, as well as other items such as an RV washing machine and dryer. I could carry it in the trailer when on the road, but we don't. I keep it in our shed when not in use. There is another product from a company called SpitzLift that is much lighter but terribly expensive in comparison. I'd be far more likely to carry that on the road.

We do carry a hand truck with us on the road (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...0137/203875537) that makes moving heavy items much easier. It has come in handy in many situations. I can drop the hitch right onto it with the crane, move it into position, and just tilt it off of the hand truck to leave it.

We have also done as they did with leaving the hitch attached to the trailer, which works well when at our home base site, as well as at remote sites when we need the bed for one reason or another. We have a 2014 RAM with their 5th Wheel Prep Group, so it's remove 4 pins and turn 4 latches, and the jacks on the trailer lift it out with ease, and then we have the empty bed ready to go.

Your system might add an element of flexibility, but what modifications are required to the pin box? Does it require drilling to install? Does it require welding? Since you are looking to Lippert, I suspect it's more along the lines of "it should be made to take it in the first place"? The photos and videos don't really show it well enough, but it looks like it might install between the mounting bolts and the pin box body?

One thing I would do is re-shoot the video with a remote lapel mic on you, and another person to drive the truck. The audio quality in the video isn't great, and I know some folks watching it would feel they missed something important. Knowing a bunch of sales and marketing people, that will shut down their interest. I'd show the entire process - have the trailer hitched up, disconnect, install the bars, route the cable, lift the hitch out, pull the truck away, and drop the hitch to something like a hand truck or furniture dolly and move it out of the way. I also wouldn't mention the patent on the pin connector that the other guy has and just use the strap.

That will give them the entire picture of the process.

Would I buy one? Well, if it requires a replacement pin box - I'd look at a Reese Goosebox first. If I have to replace the whole pin box, I think that would give more bang for the buck as then I only need to deal with the gooseneck ball. If it can be installed but requires welding - I'm only slightly more likely to consider it since I have to take it somewhere to have them do that since I'm not experienced at welding. If it can be self-installed without welding, that makes it MUCH more interesting, but then I have to weigh the price compared to other products, such as a hitch crane that could be used for other things. This does have the benefit of being much lighter and much easier to store, which may indeed tilt the scales toward this product.
    Sorry for the long time reply, I have not had any Internet access, we had to change to At&t and they did not give us hot spotting, on our phones. There is no welding required. It bolts on to the pin box using the 4 or 6 bolts that hold the pin box on. If the pin box has stiffener then it takes extra nuts and longer bolts. I will try to get more pictures up but I am having problems with it .
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petendoll View Post
    I have done that but worried that somebody would get huet on it and it was not easy to get it lined up again. Mine you just pick it up and drive under it and hook it up. Grandma can do it.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
    Sorry for the long time reply, I have not had any Internet access, we had to change to At&t and they did not give us hot spotting, on our phones. There is no welding required. It bolts on to the pin box using the 4 or 6 bolts that hold the pin box on. If the pin box has stiffener then it takes extra nuts and longer bolts. I will try to get more pictures up but I am having problems with it .
    Knowing that, it makes the idea much more attractive. If the price is right compared to something like the hitch crane we bought, then I could say I would very possibly be a customer.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12