User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A new way to remove your Fifth Wheel hitch where ever your at

I have invented a new way to remove your 5th wheel hitch where ever you are at. Weather you are at home or out boon docking, or at most RV parks. It is so easy grandma could do it. I invented it a few years ago and I am trying find some one to start manufacturing, and distributing, it. I have a short video on it. The video was taped when I had it installed on my old trailer, but I now have it installed on my Momentum, and it works perfect. i I have not been able to get my you tube video to work on here. If you go to You Tube and type in New Fifth Wheel Hitch Hoist it should come up on the first couple of videos.[ATTACH=CONFIG]23682[ATTACH=CONFIG]23683
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0257.jpg   IMG_0256.jpg  
    Last edited by Ditchdigger; 11-28-2019 at 06:01 PM. Reason: can not get my you tube video to come up
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. Sort of a pin box mounted davit crane. I have seen a number of 5th wheel owners with bed-mounted davits - one is a good friend who swears by the Harbor Freight folding one he has (after he made some firm anchoring) - use them to lift on/off their hitch and, more frequently, their generators. I mention this to maybe help you gauge a price point. Good luck with your endeavor, and happy camping!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention that I have two patients on the hoist. One is on the way it works, and one on how it mounts and where it mounts. Lipert was looking at it but was not sure if there is a enough call for it. I have gad a lot of people interested in it, but trying to get the money up to get it on the market, has been a hassle. as of today I have found anyone to back me, but still looking.
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicely done sir... nicely done.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, deserves a bump! I like how easily it breaks down.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    Yep, deserves a bump! I like how easily it breaks down.
    Yes it dose break down easily, 4 pins and the main booms are off. The winch stays on the 5th wheel. if you have a long bed you don't even have to take them off, I don't most of the time, I just leave them on.
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sn't there any body looking for a easy way to remove there hitch?
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A new way to remove your Fifth Wheel hitch where ever your at

I noticed those photos are almost 6 years old, have you sold a lot of them?
    It’s a great setup.
    But it wouldn’t work for us since we’re full timing and have no home base to store the device or hitch.

If I ever did need to remove my B&W I would just leave it connected and remove the 4 cotter pins that hold it in the bed, then pull the truck forward, no lifting involved.
    The hitch just hangs off the trailer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4205.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	23716

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 12-01-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I noticed those photos are almost 6 years old, have you sold a lot of them?
    It’s a great setup.
    But it wouldn’t work for us since we’re full timing and have no home base to store the device or hitch.

If I ever did need to remove my B&W I would just leave it connected and remove the 4 cotter pins that hold it in the bed, then pull the truck forward, no lifting involved.
    The hitch just hangs off the trailer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4205.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	23716

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You don't store the hitch hoist, it stays with your fifth wheel where ever you are. I am full time RV also, that is why I came up with it. I needed a way to get the hitch out of the truck where ever I am so I can haul my RZR on the back of the truck. No I have not been able to get the money up to get it in to production. I am going to need about $70,000 to get 100 unit made for sale. I was hoping Lipert was going to pick it up, but they haven't.
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
    I sn't there any body looking for a easy way to remove there hitch?
    It is an interesting system, and certainly looks like it would make the job much easier. Like @DaveMatthewsBand, we are full-timers, but we have the additional benefit of a permanent home base RV site that we own, complete with a 10x10x10 shed.

We picked up a crane (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stark-50...75-H/311847464) that hooks up to the receiver hitch on the back of the truck. It's been used to lift the hitch out before, as well as other items such as an RV washing machine and dryer. I could carry it in the trailer when on the road, but we don't. I keep it in our shed when not in use. There is another product from a company called SpitzLift that is much lighter but terribly expensive in comparison. I'd be far more likely to carry that on the road.

We do carry a hand truck with us on the road (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...0137/203875537) that makes moving heavy items much easier. It has come in handy in many situations. I can drop the hitch right onto it with the crane, move it into position, and just tilt it off of the hand truck to leave it.

We have also done as they did with leaving the hitch attached to the trailer, which works well when at our home base site, as well as at remote sites when we need the bed for one reason or another. We have a 2014 RAM with their 5th Wheel Prep Group, so it's remove 4 pins and turn 4 latches, and the jacks on the trailer lift it out with ease, and then we have the empty bed ready to go.

Your system might add an element of flexibility, but what modifications are required to the pin box? Does it require drilling to install? Does it require welding? Since you are looking to Lippert, I suspect it's more along the lines of "it should be made to take it in the first place"? The photos and videos don't really show it well enough, but it looks like it might install between the mounting bolts and the pin box body?

One thing I would do is re-shoot the video with a remote lapel mic on you, and another person to drive the truck. The audio quality in the video isn't great, and I know some folks watching it would feel they missed something important. Knowing a bunch of sales and marketing people, that will shut down their interest. I'd show the entire process - have the trailer hitched up, disconnect, install the bars, route the cable, lift the hitch out, pull the truck away, and drop the hitch to something like a hand truck or furniture dolly and move it out of the way. I also wouldn't mention the patent on the pin connector that the other guy has and just use the strap.

That will give them the entire picture of the process.

Would I buy one? Well, if it requires a replacement pin box - I'd look at a Reese Goosebox first. If I have to replace the whole pin box, I think that would give more bang for the buck as then I only need to deal with the gooseneck ball. If it can be installed but requires welding - I'm only slightly more likely to consider it since I have to take it somewhere to have them do that since I'm not experienced at welding. If it can be self-installed without welding, that makes it MUCH more interesting, but then I have to weigh the price compared to other products, such as a hitch crane that could be used for other things. This does have the benefit of being much lighter and much easier to store, which may indeed tilt the scales toward this product.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast