User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a 7108 kit with a second camera last Black Friday and installed it late January. I took a 2300 mile trip to Florida and back in February & March using them for rear observation and on my hitch to assist with hooking up my trailer. Both worked out as expected, certainly no complaint. My rig is about 40 feet from the monitor to the rear camera, 12 feet to the hitch, with the monitor riding on the transmission hump. Picture quality was good and never suffered. I will add the intercom in the camera / monitor is an asset as well. If you need someone behind to watch and give directions it's a convenient feature.
    I bought directly and got great customer service combining a bracket with my order. Also support for questions was quick. This system has all of the features you would need and a fair price in a well laid out package.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 05-19-2020 at 05:07 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the delay but I was finally able to get the trailer out for a few days camping. Going down the interstate at 65mph there was significant lag for the rear camera (this is with the antenna installed on the rear camera.) I was able to reduce it by moving the monitor antenna so it pointed towards the driver side window but there was still about a 2 second video delay as cars drove by. I have yet to install the 15 foot antenna but believe once installed, it will be close enough to the monitor to eliminate any lag. I would also like to add the side cameras were flawless. There was no lag what so ever and loved using them when having to change lanes to check for motorcycles. One last note, mute the sound before you head out. It is very annoying if left on while on the highway. I will make final updates once the 15ft antenna is installed and when I have a chance to drive at night.
    Overall I'm very pleased with the 7inch screen and clarity of the cameras.
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a MC7109 system direct. The camera was easy to install in the pre-wired location and plugged right in to the Furrion cable that was there. The MC7109 system comes with a special bracket that mounts directly to the Furrion hood. You simply remove the existing Furrion bracket, mount the Haloview camera to the mounting bracket Haloview provides and screw it into place where the Furrion bracket was located. Unfortunately the monitor appears to be DOA. I'm about to find out how good their customer service is.

They don't recommend the MC7108 and MC7109 systems for truck & trailer combined distance over 33 feet. My truck is 20 ft. My trailer is only 22 ft but that puts the combined length well over the 33 ft max they recommend. They did throw in an extension antenna which I can place on the roof of the trailer. But until I get the dead monitor situation straightened out I I won't know how well it will work.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    I bought a MC7109 system direct. The camera was easy to install in the pre-wired location and plugged right in to the Furrion cable that was there. The MC7109 system comes with a special bracket that mounts directly to the Furrion hood. You simply remove the existing Furrion bracket, mount the Haloview camera to the mounting bracket Haloview provides and screw it into place where the Furrion bracket was located. Unfortunately the monitor appears to be DOA. I'm about to find out how good their customer service is.

They don't recommend the MC7108 and MC7109 systems for truck & trailer combined distance over 33 feet. My truck is 20 ft. My trailer is only 22 ft but that puts the combined length well over the 33 ft max they recommend. They did throw in an extension antenna which I can place on the roof of the trailer. But until I get the dead monitor situation straightened out I I won't know how well it will work.
    I have the 7108 and from what I see you shouldn't need the repeater antenna. I think I measured 42' from camera to monitor which I keep down on the transmission hump. Did you remember to push in the red button on the end of the 12v cigarette plug to power the monitor? You needn't worry about customer support he's was great with me answering questions. Time zone was the only impediment.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post

In addition to what Wicked Ace said, did you turn on your headlights? The system is designed to turn on the camera when the vehicle lights are on to prevent battery drain.
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    I have the 7108 and from what I see you shouldn't need the repeater antenna. I think I measured 42' from camera to monitor which I keep down on the transmission hump. Did you remember to push in the red button on the end of the 12v cigarette plug to power the monitor? You needn't worry about customer support he's was great with me answering questions. Time zone was the only impediment.
    I tried it with the button (light is on) and our (light is off) and neither worked. The little power light on the monitor next to the power switch never lights. I don't know how that light functions. Sometimes when they are lit they mean the unit is receiving power even though the unit is powered off.
    Pre-sales service and communication was great so I'm hoping after sales service will be just as good.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentService View Post
    In addition to what Wicked Ace said, did you turn on your headlights? The system is designed to turn on the camera when the vehicle lights are on to prevent battery drain.
    Yes and it still didn't work.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2500 towing a 41’ reflection and I had horrible issues with signal with my MC7108. Since I talked to the company and got a discount code for the 2.4g booster(half off), and this thing works AMAZING. I went from 0-1 bars to 1-3 consistently, which really means I get almost real time video all the time, there’s occasions that it’ll freak out for a min but it used to be it would only get signal time to time lol. I mounted the booster right on top of the roof above the camera. The cords aren’t very long so you don’t have much of an option for where to put it.

Overall I’m very impressed now with my camera.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post
    I have a 2500 towing a 41’ reflection and I had horrible issues with signal with my MC7108. Since I talked to the company and got a discount code for the 2.4g booster(half off), and this thing works AMAZING. I went from 0-1 bars to 1-3 consistently, which really means I get almost real time video all the time, there’s occasions that it’ll freak out for a min but it used to be it would only get signal time to time lol. I mounted the booster right on top of the roof above the camera. The cords aren’t very long so you don’t have much of an option for where to put it.

I emailed Haloview and they responded the next business day. They suggested a fix and it worked. My monitor now turns on. Unfortunately my trailer is now in storage so I haven't had an opportunity to test it with the camera. That will happen sometime this coming week.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Empyrials View Post

The booster might work better if you put it at the front of the trailer decreasing transmission distance. It doesn't need to be outside, you could find a spot behind the front cap where power is available. Any USB ports probably have 12v supplies.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast