User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haloview Rear View picture quality while underway

Hi- I've been trying to find a review or video showing the picture quality of the Haloview system while underway. I'm looking at the Haloview RD7 and MC7109 or MC7108 systems. I would prefer a totally wireless system, which the RD7 is not, but could be I guess, if you omitted the installation of the TX box and wiring on the fiver roof. I'm really interested in the rear view, as I tow tandem, and would like to see what the second trailer is doing through the rear view camera. I'm wondering if the system suffers from drop-outs, freeze-ups, that sort of thing. Does anyone have experience with these systems or have a link to info that shows how the signal behaves? I've searched the web for videos and such, but haven't found one that specifically addresses this issue.

Thanks. Bruce
    2019 REFLECTION 29RS
    2016 RAM 3500 LONGHORN CUMMINS SRW LB CC 4X4 AISIN RVK 3600

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Haloview MC7108 and it’s performance has been excellent. Our Imagine had prewired power up top in the rear and I used the Haloview Furrion power adapter cable and install was fairly quick and easy. I use a second camera (same model as the first) with the Haloview magnetic mount on my tailgate to keep an eye on the Hensley hitch and aid in hooking up. We switch between the two cameras while rolling. Display rarely glitches at all (no interference issues) and has never gone offline. I even picked up a third camera and the Haloview battery pack and stick it on a tripod sometimes to be my safety observer when I’m alone putting the rig back into storage. Everything has worked pretty much flawlessly. Bought it all on amazon. I’m sponsored by no one despite this seeming like a ringing product endorsement, lol.
    Jeff & Deborah - North Beach, MD
    2019 Grand Design 2970RL "Lucy", Hensley Arrow 14K, Goodyear Endurance Tires
    2019 Nissan Titan XD, 5.6 gas, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 bags

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jnoyes Thanks for your thoughts. I appreciate it.
    2019 REFLECTION 29RS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at getting the MC7108 as well. Which bracket did you use to install the Haloview? I've noticed there are two different types offered on Amazon that will fit to the Furion connection.
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased the RD-7 7" kit and the Haloview backup camera bracket adapter from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Haloview-Brac...dp/B07LGLJWG2/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XKSH8M5...roduct_details

Took about 20 minutes to mount the camera and 1 second to pair the camera to the monitor. The picture quality and clarity is amazing. I haven't tried it while underway, but I'm thinking it's going to be a real strong addition to towing.
    2019 REFLECTION 29RS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerAgent View Post
    I purchased the RD-7 7" kit and the Haloview backup camera bracket adapter from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Haloview-Brac...dp/B07LGLJWG2/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XKSH8M5...roduct_details

Took about 20 minutes to mount the camera and 1 second to pair the camera to the monitor. The picture quality and clarity is amazing. I haven't tried it while underway, but I'm thinking it's going to be a real strong addition to towing.
    Thanks for the additional information. It sounds like I will be using the same setup for my 5th wheel.
    Thanks again and safe travels!
    Tim & Lori
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the MC7108 and I'm not impressed. I have a Dodge 3500 DRW pulling a 337RLS. I get drop outs and freezes quite often. The screen shows an imagine which is 2-3 seconds behind what's actually happening. It works well enough for backing up which is the primary reason I purchased the unit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramcneal View Post
    I have the MC7108 and I'm not impressed. I have a Dodge 3500 DRW pulling a 337RLS. I get drop outs and freezes quite often. The screen shows an imagine which is 2-3 seconds behind what's actually happening. It works well enough for backing up which is the primary reason I purchased the unit.
    Have you looked at the Haloview TX-B2 2.4G Signal Booster? This may fix your issue.
    Tim & Lori
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentService View Post
    Have you looked at the Haloview TX-B2 2.4G Signal Booster? This may fix your issue.
    I didn't know something like that existed. I'll have to think about installing one since it's only $40.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentService View Post
    I'm looking at getting the MC7108 as well. Which bracket did you use to install the Haloview? I've noticed there are two different types offered on Amazon that will fit to the Furion connection.
    I used this one: Haloview Backup Camera Bracket Adapter Compatible with Furrion Pre-Wired RVs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LGLJWG2..._ZhseEbFD3ZT5G (Model CF100 with the adapter cable).

I ended up using standoffs between the adapter bracket and the standard bracket to gain the clearance necessary to get the camera angle I wanted.
    Jeff & Deborah - North Beach, MD
    2019 Grand Design 2970RL "Lucy", Hensley Arrow 14K, Goodyear Endurance Tires
    2019 Nissan Titan XD, 5.6 gas, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 bags

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast