User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great discussion everyone. It sounds like I will give the MC7108 a try with the adapter jnoyes recommended.
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered the MC7108 and the adapter mounting bracket for the Furrion Shark Fin mount but ended up returning it. The adapter bracket is used in place of the Shark Fin mount and just uses the same holes so you don't have to drill new holes. The problem is, as mentioned in other threads, you don't have any place to store the wiring or the wiring adapter plug that comes with the adapter mount. You can forego the wiring adapter plug and just cut and connect the wires and try to stuff them back into the hole but I understand this can be very tight and you still need to waterproof the hole or re-use the Shark Fin gasket which looks kind of kludgy. Some users have just mounted the camera just below the Shark Fin mount and used the Shark Fin as a J-box for the wiring and adapter plug. For this you don't need the adapter mount (with plug) but can order the plug separately or hardwire.

This is what I would have done but I returned the MC7108 because Haloview just came out with a new kit in the MC7109. The MC7109 uses an adapter plate that replaces the blank plate on the Shark Fin mount. It uses a different camera that attaches to the supplied adapter plate. It appears to be the same camera as used on their license plate camera kit and has more infrared LED's for night vision. No drilling just plug and play and the wires and adapter cord can be stored in the Shark Fin mount. This new kit is also available with their new side marker lights and cameras.

This new kit is not available on Amazon yet but can be seen and ordered at haloview.com. I'm waiting for it to be available on Amazon for their easy returns should something be wrong. Just a little nervous about ordering direct from China.
    Last edited by HighFive; 01-05-2020 at 07:33 AM.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I ordered the MC7108 and the adapter mounting bracket for the Furrion Shark Fin mount but ended up returning it. The adapter bracket is used in place of the Shark Fin mount and just uses the same holes so you don't have to drill new holes. The problem is, as mentioned in other threads, you don't have any place to store the wiring or the wiring adapter plug that comes with the adapter mount. You can forego the wiring adapter plug and just cut and connect the wires and try to stuff them back into the hole but I understand this can be very tight and you still need to waterproof the hole or re-use the Shark Fin gasket which looks kind of kludgy. Some users have just mounted the camera just below the Shark Fin mount and used the Shark Fin as a J-box for the wiring and adapter plug. For this you don't need the adapter mount (with plug) but can order the plug separately or hardwire.

This is what I would have done but I returned the MC7108 because Haloview just came out with a new kit in the MC7109. The MC7109 uses an adapter plate that replaces the blank plate on the Shark Fin mount. It uses a different camera that attaches to the supplied adapter plate. It appears to be the same camera as used on their license plate camera kit and has more infrared LED's for night vision. No drilling just plug and play and the wires and adapter cord can be stored in the Shark Fin mount. This new kit is also available with their new side marker lights and cameras.

This new kit is not available on Amazon yet but can be seen and ordered at haloview.com. I'm waiting for it to be available on Amazon for their easy returns should something be wrong. Just a little nervous about ordering direct from China.
    Thanks HighFive for the detailed update. I looked at it on their website and it states that it is good for trailers up to 33'. My 307 MKS is 32'11" so I'm not sure if that will be an issue. I will have to wait for reviews to come out on it but placed it on the top of my list because of the mounting bracket.
    Tim & Lori
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MC7108 also states that it is good for trailers up to 33'. Most reviews with these length trailers report no problems. They are basically the same systems just a different camera configuration and mount. You could always go with the RD7 Range Dominator system which also comes with the same Furrion mount adapter plate.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentService View Post
    Have you looked at the Haloview TX-B2 2.4G Signal Booster? This may fix your issue.
    The only US seller I can find for that is Amazon and it has no details about it. Haloview’s site has nothing about it. Where does it install?
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    The only US seller I can find for that is Amazon and it has no details about it. Haloview’s site has nothing about it. Where does it install?
    That's a good question. I could not find any reference to it either. My best guess is that one end connects to the camera and the power wire to the trailers tail light connect behind the Furrion shark fin mount.
    Tim & Lori
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed this RD-7 system.

https://www.haloview.com/haloview-7-...or-system.html

I think the TX-B2 is the same or similar to the transmitter included in the RD-7 kit. The link has diagrams showing hookup.
    2019 REFLECTION 29RS
    2016 RAM 3500 LONGHORN CUMMINS SRW LB CC 4X4 AISIN RVK 3600

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks HighFive for the detailed update. I looked at it on their website and it states that it is good for trailers up to 33'. My 307 MKS is 32'11" so I'm not sure if that will be an issue. I will have to wait for reviews to come out on it but placed it on the top of my list because of the mounting bracket.
    The 33' includes the tow vehicle as well. Not just the length of the trailer. Since I haven't purchased a trailer yet I measured the distance from the hitch on my truck to were the monitor will sit in the cab (12'). The trailer is 23' so the distance from the back of the trailer to the monitor is 35'. I contacted Haloview with this information and they said they would throw in a remote antenna. The cable for this antenna screws into the camera in place of the regular antenna and then you simply mount the new antenna someplace closer to the tow vehicle. It doesn't appear to have a signal booster function. Based on the input of many users I don't think it will be necessary for a 23' trailer like the one I intend to buy. But like HighFive I'm inclined to wait and see if the MC7109 becomes available on Amazon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    The 33' includes the tow vehicle as well. Not just the length of the trailer. Since I haven't purchased a trailer yet I measured the distance from the hitch on my truck to were the monitor will sit in the cab (12'). The trailer is 23' so the distance from the back of the trailer to the monitor is 35'. I contacted Haloview with this information and they said they would throw in a remote antenna. The cable for this antenna screws into the camera in place of the regular antenna and then you simply mount the new antenna someplace closer to the tow vehicle. It doesn't appear to have a signal booster function. Based on the input of many users I don't think it will be necessary for a 23' trailer like the one I intend to buy. But like HighFive I'm inclined to wait and see if the MC7109 becomes available on Amazon.
    I ended up buying the MC7108 as well as the extra long antenna (as the cliche goes, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.) I have yet to use it on the road due to the Covid issue but plan on going out in a couple of weeks now that things are loosing up in Idaho. My plan is to try the short antenna first then add the extension if needed. I also installed the side marker cameras. So far everything works well when hooked up in the driveway. The only issue so far was not enough space to shove all of the wiring behind the back wall so I have it bunched up behind the camera with a tie strap.
    I will keep you all updated.
    Last edited by SilentService; 05-18-2020 at 04:32 PM.
    Tim & Lori
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up buying the MC7108 as well as the extra long antenna (as the cliche goes, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.) I have yet to use it on the road due to the Covid issue but plan on going out in a couple of weeks now that things are loosing up in Idaho. My plan is to try the short antenna first then add the extension if needed. I also installed the side marker cameras. So far everything works well when hooked up in the driveway. The only issue so far was not enough space to shove all of the wiring behind the back wall so I have it bunched up behind the camera with a tie strap.
    I will keep you all updated.
    Looking forward to hearing how well it works for you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast