User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 394M furniture placement for travel

New to the forum, have a new 394M and I am unsure how to arrange the furniture when bringing in the slides, dealer hasn’t been much help and I don’t think the way they arranged it is correct. Any help would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddymc View Post
    New to the forum, have a new 394M and I am unsure how to arrange the furniture when bringing in the slides, dealer hasn’t been much help and I don’t think the way they arranged it is correct. Any help would be appreciated.
    What furniture?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Move the one sofa piece over to the dinette. We put two of the dinette chairs on the other sofa laying down. Move anything else that might be in the way out.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Move the one sofa piece over to the dinette. We put two of the dinette chairs on the other sofa laying down. Move anything else that might be in the way out.
    Ok, they moved the sofa piece over to the dinette, and put the two dinette chairs upside down on top of the table with the backs of the dinette chairs in the seats of the other two dinette chairs. Our short trip home from the dealership caused some minor scuffing on the backs of the dinette chairs where the backs rubbed together. It just didn’t seem logical to have the weight of those chairs on top of the table when bouncing down the road, not to mention the finish on the chair backs rubbing together. Your placement seems much more logical. Thanks

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddymc View Post
    Ok, they moved the sofa piece over to the dinette, and put the two dinette chairs upside down on top of the table with the backs of the dinette chairs in the seats of the other two dinette chairs. Our short trip home from the dealership caused some minor scuffing on the backs of the dinette chairs where the backs rubbed together. It just didn’t seem logical to have the weight of those chairs on top of the table when bouncing down the road, not to mention the finish on the chair backs rubbing together. Your placement seems much more logical. Thanks
    We put a blanket down on the sofa, just in case so the chairs don't rub unnecessarily. The unit is probably one of the easiest to get road ready due to the room in the back. Thus far we have been very happy with our 395.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    We put a blanket down on the sofa, just in case so the chairs don't rub unnecessarily. The unit is probably one of the easiest to get road ready due to the room in the back. Thus far we have been very happy with our 395.
    We haven’t had a chance to take it on a trip yet, I am having back surgery in about 10 days. We really like our trailer and can’t wait to take a trip in it after I’ve recovered. We have spent a lot of time in it while it’s parked at the house, trying to learn all we can about it. I appreciate your help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2019 Momentum 394M
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With our 394m we do this:

Use the straps on floor around dinette for four chairs. Two chair on one side, one of them upside down so the pads rest on top of each other and the backs are opposing. Strap down. Repeat other side.

For the removable sofa, detach and cover with moving pad. Place the back against the fold down counter. Works perfectly.

Almost 9000 miles and zero issues.

////chile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glampers View Post
    With our 394m we do this:

Use the straps on floor around dinette for four chairs. Two chair on one side, one of them upside down so the pads rest on top of each other and the backs are opposing. Strap down. Repeat other side.

For the removable sofa, detach and cover with moving pad. Place the back against the fold down counter. Works perfectly.

Almost 9000 miles and zero issues.

////chile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That sounds like a great plan, I am going to give this a try. Thank you!
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We move two of the dinette chairs to the bedroom and place in front of the bed on a small rug. The L shaped sofa piece is then moved into the area where the chair were, and strapped down with the floor mounted straps. Probably a little more work than some of the others, but we towed this past spring, summer and fall with zero issues.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    We move two of the dinette chairs to the bedroom and place in front of the bed on a small rug. The L shaped sofa piece is then moved into the area where the chair were, and strapped down with the floor mounted straps. Probably a little more work than some of the others, but we towed this past spring, summer and fall with zero issues.
    Another good idea. Thank you.
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast