User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course I kept thinking about this when I went to bed, but should I be concerned that the kink in the line will develop a leak?

Left The Driveway
    McNeill, Mis & Orlando (where all the kids and grandkids live)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainpetard View Post
    Of course I kept thinking about this when I went to bed, but should I be concerned that the kink in the line will develop a leak?
    Not sure. But if it does you will probably be able to smell it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get it when you talk about propane restrictions. A few months ago I had to refill one of my propane tanks. I noticed that one of the hoses from the tank to the regulator was frayed on the the outside. That was a little concerning to me as the trailer was only two years old. I looked on Amazon and found some hoses of the same manufacture that I almost ordered. Because we were leaving the next day I thought I'd try to find new hoses locally. I went to our local propane dealer to fill the tank and asked if they had hoses. They said that they custom make them. I went into the shop and got and education on propane hoses. Yes, they did build me two more hoses of much better quality, but also showed me a comparison of the fittings orifice sizes that they put on their hoses. Then then I got a demonstrated of the difference in the amount of flow through both. At first I didn't figure that was big deal but then they explained that if you get the water heater, the furnace, the fridge and one or two stove burners all going at the same time, you can't get enough gas to service them all adequately through the small orifice that was used on the original cheap hoses. He said they have solved a lot of frustrated RV owners with the simple hose fix. Makes sense to me. BTW, they cost me two dollars more per hose than the cheap online hoses. I gave the guy a $10.00 tip for all the help and education.
    Bruce & Sue plus 1ea fluffy Chow Chow (Maggie)
    1999 Ford F350 CC Lariat 7.3L diesel Power Stroke
    2017 315 RLTS Purchased Sept 2018
    Reese Straight Line Trunion Weight Distribution
    2000 Mariah Z308 at Bull Frog Marina, Lake Powell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12