User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Sussex County, NJ

My wife Linda and I just signed the papers on our first RV today, a Reflection 337RLS. Rented some but never owned. We're so excited! Planning to retire next year and enjoy the freedom that RV life brings.....not full time though. Next up is to put in the order for our tow vehicle. Have our sights set on a RAM 3500 Big Horn w/Cummins High Output 6.7L diesel, full tow package, and air ride suspension. I think it'll do the job satisfactorily.

We so look forward to being a part of this family and to enjoy the insights, advice, and travel stories you all have to offer. And those Grand Design rallies look like a lot of fun. See you all on the road!

Jeff

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff,

Being born in and raised in Jersey just let me say - GET OUT! Lol. Congratulations!

When looking for your RAM, don't get caught up in the trim package name. You will often find a fully optioned Big Horn costs more than going to a Laramie that has everything added as standard! I speak from good experience as I have a 4th Gen 3500 and a 5th Gen 1500, and several before these!

Also, I would personally recommend going long bed dually. Never concern yourself with a slider and the stability and payload provided won't have you weighing and calculating all the time! Granted, a 337 isn't pushing a SRW by any means, but the long bed dually gives you plenty of leeway, like if you want that 100 gallon extra tank in the bed for when you're down south where diesel is a buck or more less than Jersey!

Also, check out the Reese Goosebox. I'm a convert and love having the clean bed! Nice tow too, especially with the dampening inherent to its design! The B&W Companion is collecting dust in my garage!
    Last edited by geotex1; 12-01-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice! I will do the trim package comparison for sure......

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your new Reflection 337RLS and welcome to the forum.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged