User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently I'm late getting in on this one but you were mostly concerned about away.

In it's purest form, sway is the trailer pushing the truck sideways. With a bumper pull, the trailer has much more leverage to push sideways and typically less tongue weight (percentage wise) to resist that leverage. Fast forward to gooseneck/fifth wheel, and you have more weight on tires and less leverage. That makes it inherently more stable (night and day in my opinion.)

The only thing left to talk about in the srw/drw debate is tires. When it comes to sway and drw, there is twice the tread on the road and twice the sidewall to resist the sideward push.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overtaxed you should be commended for airing out your decision on this message board and making the right choice. So many folks look the other way and take that risk.

I was having a conversation tonight with our Boy Scout dads about our Suburban HD having a higher payload than our buddies new Ram 2500. They know I tow the camper and one of them mentioned “well you would be negligent if you had and accident and were overweight”. This guy is a doctor, he’s never towed anything in his life. He knew right off the cuff of the legalities involved.

Hats off to GM on those new stickers, or are those from J2807?

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip94ta View Post
    Overtaxed you should be commended for airing out your decision on this message board and making the right choice. So many folks look the other way and take that risk.

I was having a conversation tonight with our Boy Scout dads about our Suburban HD having a higher payload than our buddies new Ram 2500. They know I tow the camper and one of them mentioned “well you would be negligent if you had and accident and were overweight”. This guy is a doctor, he’s never towed anything in his life. He knew right off the cuff of the legalities involved.

Hats off to GM on those new stickers, or are those from J2807?
    Honestly, if it was just me pulling a dump trailer from here to the mulch store, I probably would have said "It'll be OK". And in all likelyhood, it WOULD have been OK. But, and I think this is probably the case for most of us, when I hitch up and pull away, I have literally almost everything/everyone I love rolling down the road beside me. My wife, our furry friends, and, of course, me, all rolling down the road with me being responsible for everyone's safety and welfare. A lot of my decision wasn't "this truck isn't enough" it was "I will never be able to live with myself if something awful happens and I kill/injure my family because I didn't do everything I could to prevent it from happening". That's not just the truck, it's the maintenance on the trailer, it's making sure the tires are good, it's making sure that the hitch is hitched securely, it's taking roads that are "safer", it's paying attention driving, it's TPMS on every wheel... It's a whole lot of things, but, right now, I can tell you, should something awful happen tomorrow driving to the campground, I can say to myself, "You did what you could" to prevent it. And that is very important to me, perhaps more important than the loss of the "light" feeling in the backend, and certainly more important to me than being "under sticker weight" and "legal". Those are nice side effects, but the big reason for me is simply "knowing I did what I could" to keep everyone safe.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415