User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The question is, do your rear wheels fight each other?

Duel: a contest with deadly weapons arranged between two people in order to settle a point of honor.

Dual: consisting of two parts, elements, or aspects.

Rob

I no how it is. Some-times the voices in you’re hed are two hard too resist.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The question is, do your rear wheels fight each other?

Duel: a contest with deadly weapons arranged between two people in order to settle a point of honor.

Dual: consisting of two parts, elements, or aspects.

Rob
    Got me...
    thanks
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    Attachment 23714

You may want to double check that weight. At CAT Scale I was at 9140 with 60 gallons or so of diesel fuel (with OEM and auxiliary tank I can carry 81 gallons), me and typical tools I keep in the bed of the truck. F-350 CC DRW. Based on my door sticker with a GVWR of 14000 lbs and payload rating of 5507 lbs. it seems Ford has my truck “dry” weight at 8493 lbs.
    Double check complete.
    Empty weights, 4260 on the steer, 3440 on the drive, 7700 gross. This was with a completely full fuel tank, and the addition of the hitch and rails. The only minus is SWMBO wasn't in the truck. A half load of fuel is about 100 lbs, so 7500 was really close depending on my fuel load. Edmunds shows a curb weight of 6200, so....
    Last edited by ThePowells; 12-05-2019 at 07:47 PM.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calnca View Post
    Not saying it would be used, except for egregious negligence, which intentionally overloading a power unit could be easily construed as. It could also be construed as an "Intentional Act", which is EXCLUDED in all insurance contracts.
    Wonder if putting 5 overweight adults in a Toyota Prius would be construed as intentional act of overloading a power unit?

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Wonder if putting 5 overweight adults in a Toyota Prius would be construed as intentional act of overloading a power unit?

Mike
    I would say yes!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
    Double check complete.
    Empty weights, 4260 on the steer, 3440 on the drive, 7700 gross. This was with a completely full fuel tank, and the addition of the hitch and rails. The only minus is SWMBO wasn't in the truck. A half load of fuel is about 100 lbs, so 7500 was really close depending on my fuel load. Edmunds shows a curb weight of 6200, so....
    Good thing you scaled through no you know exactly where you are. It is amazing how much more the diesel engines weigh. I understand the Ford 6.7L PSD weighs around 1100 lbs. vs. 6.2L gas around 600-700lbs.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    I would say yes!
    And the really bad part is that the truck with or without the Solitude rides much better and is silent compared to our ToyToada Prius.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a little ditty about my recent haul back from the final trip of the season in NC. Was running up I-81 and we stopped at the Cumberland Rest Area. Well, the Troopers were spot inspecting! Nikki and I got the wave over along with two other 5ers in queue with a couple trucks.

One set of Troopers worked the commercial trucks and another the campers. Well, both trucks were cleared while the first 5er was being scrutinized. The family was out of the truck and a Trooper with the driver clearly lecturing and the other writing away. By now, we were waiting 50 minutes, and one of the other Troopers from the now empty truck queue went over to talk to the ones at that 5er. After that the other set of Troopers came over to us.

Lead Trooper saw the Class 4A sticker on my RAM, read the door sticker, and verified I had the right Class of DL and insurance was current. His partner checked my safety chains since I'm running a Goosebox and called out the camper sticker weights, and the lead Trooper yelled back, jokingly. "has all the truck and then some. Clear." Said Nikki and I were good, about 3 minutes total time. So I asked why the holdup this side, and the lead Trooper told us their truck was not legally sufficient and overloaded towing the camper they were and were being cited accordingly and needed to arrange a proper tow...

Consider this data point.

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this. I went to your profile and know your vehicles, but.... could you be so kind as to do a signature? Thanks!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Here's a little ditty about my recent haul back from the final trip of the season in NC. Was running up I-81 and we stopped at the Cumberland Rest Area. Well, the Troopers were spot inspecting! Nikki and I got the wave over along with two other 5ers in queue with a couple trucks.

One set of Troopers worked the commercial trucks and another the campers. Well, both trucks were cleared while the first 5er was being scrutinized. The family was out of the truck and a Trooper with the driver clearly lecturing and the other writing away. By now, we were waiting 50 minutes, and one of the other Troopers from the now empty truck queue went over to talk to the ones at that 5er. After that the other set of Troopers came over to us.

Lead Trooper saw the Class 4A sticker on my RAM, read the door sticker, and verified I had the right Class of DL and insurance was current. His partner checked my safety chains since I'm running a Goosebox and called out the camper sticker weights, and the lead Trooper yelled back, jokingly. "has all the truck and then some. Clear." Said Nikki and I were good, about 3 minutes total time. So I asked why the holdup this side, and the lead Trooper told us their truck was not legally sufficient and overloaded towing the camper they were and were being cited accordingly and needed to arrange a proper tow...

Consider this data point.
    They actually had scales out and were weighing rv's?
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast