User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see many like-minded folks! I spent some time today studying how I will work this. Definitely going with stainless tube as I have nearly enough tube left over from various projects! I just need to find out what fittings are on the calipers so I can order the hose whips. Checked last week and I can buy the controller and disc conversions from a local trailer builder. Will get everything together for a March install.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    I can post more if wanted. Ran main line under the step, wherever the line went thru steel, protected it with a short piece of fuel line, And if there was a screw near the line, fuel line to protect it as well....
    Nice looking installation!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Nice looking installation!
    Thank you. Took some planning.... Had to put heat shielding around the brake unit, my Honda Generator resides in there as well....Heat blew right on the unit.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I've gotten my layout for lines and parts list together for those. I'm fairly decided on the electric-to-hydraulic unit. Where I'm still undecided is to stick with greased bearings and just leap to oil bath. My other trailers - car carrier, dump, and tilt all are oil bath and are a pleasure to deal with.

Anyone gone oil bath with their disc swap?
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would probably go oil bath for anything new

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    So, I've gotten my layout for lines and parts list together for those. I'm fairly decided on the electric-to-hydraulic unit. Where I'm still undecided is to stick with greased bearings and just leap to oil bath. My other trailers - car carrier, dump, and tilt all are oil bath and are a pleasure to deal with.

Anyone gone oil bath with their disc swap?
    Can you get Disc hub, setup, with oil setup? If so that is the way to go...IMO Seems like you could use any disc, Hub, if they were sealed correctly..
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    Can you get Disc hub, setup, with oil setup? If so that is the way to go...IMO Seems like you could use any disc, Hub, if they were sealed correctly..
    Yes, I can for the Dexter Axles I have on the 3350. The Dexter disc brake conversions can be had with oil bath, grease or never lube. Reading through the forums, many folks have converted with the Kodiak/Titan discs since the two popular kit assemblers use them. The Kodiak/Titan gear doesn't seem to have oil bath available until the 10K axles. I stopped into my local trailer shop to go through catalogs and pricing, and for small dollar difference I can have my choice. Huge difference in wholesale pricing for Dexter vs. retail! The electric-to-hydraulic units - not so much!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started a disc conversion on my 397th Momentum yesterday. Taking my time making sure it's a clean install. The only thing that worries me is in the unfortunate event of a tire blow out and it taking out the brake lines.....
    John & Kathie
    2016 Momentum 397TH
    2017 Dodge 3500 Dually Air Bags, Mag Hytec Trans. Pan & rear Diff. cover
    Reese Goosebox
    2010 CVO Street Glide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12