User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mystery water leak

Attached is a picture and I have circled in red where some water is coming out.

Water starts to come out alongside the frame where it is circled after about 10-15 minutes in the shower. The shower drain and trap were checked and no dampness or water marks were found there.

Water only comes out from there when the shower is used. No water appears when the kitchen sink, bathroom sink or the washer is used.

We FT, so really trying to avoid to have to take it to a repair place to drop the bottom. Or is that the only alternative? We do have a local mobile RV tech coming tomorrow to start troubleshooting.

My very simplistic thoughts go to the shower handles on the wall, and maybe something loose or damaged behind there.

Any thoughts or suggestions? And as always...thanks!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191201_161141.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	23713

Sent from LB's phone using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It would help if you posted your model number and a screenshot of the floor plan.
    Better yet, circle the area of the leak on the floor plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 315RLTS Reflection TT. The circle is the approximate area where the leak shows up. The leak is under the outside wall area near where the valves are. I can't explain it any better.

The pics attached are the original from under the trailer, where I circled; and the floorplan of the 315, and approximately where we see the leak.

Thanks!Click image for larger version. 

Views:	27 
ID:	23719Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191201_202013.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	23720

Lynette & Steve

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburgerts View Post
    Attached is a picture and I have circled in red where some water is coming out.

Water starts to come out alongside the frame where it is circled after about 10-15 minutes in the shower. The shower drain and trap were checked and no dampness or water marks were found there.

Water only comes out from there when the shower is used. No water appears when the kitchen sink, bathroom sink or the washer is used.

We FT, so really trying to avoid to have to take it to a repair place to drop the bottom. Or is that the only alternative? We do have a local mobile RV tech coming tomorrow to start troubleshooting.

My very simplistic thoughts go to the shower handles on the wall, and maybe something loose or damaged behind there.

Any thoughts or suggestions? And as always...thanks!!

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	132 
ID:	23713

A couple of things come to mind. Could water be leaking from the shower at the base of the wall or from a crack in the shower pan?

You could pull the heat register located in the bathroom and see under the shower pan. You can also remove the drawers from the wardrobe next to the bed. You'll be able to see the water heater and the back of the faucet side of the shower wall.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most likely the water line to faucet connection.

Can you isolate it to when you run the cold water or hot water exclusively? It will then tell you which connection to look at.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    A couple of things come to mind. Could water be leaking from the shower at the base of the wall or from a crack in the shower pan?

You could pull the heat register located in the bathroom and see under the shower pan. You can also remove the drawers from the wardrobe next to the bed. You'll be able to see the water heater and the back of the faucet side of the shower wall.
    The heat register was opened, and nothing. But I will do a thorough inspection of the shower pan to look for any cracks. And didn't realize the removing the drawers in the bedroom will give access. I can do that with the RV tech. Thank you Chiefblueman.

Lynette & Steve

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Most likely the water line to faucet connection.

Can you isolate it to when you run the cold water or hot water exclusively? It will then tell you which connection to look at.
    And huntr70... duh. Hadn't thought of that. Again, I think I'll do that with the RV tech as well. Thank you!!!

Lynette & Steve

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update...
    Appears to have been one of the rivets. Tech was able to get under that section of the underbody by removing a couple of screws. Could see the water running down. From under the shower pan itself, could see that back lower corner and the water as well.

Temporary fix with some aluminum tape, where I'm pointing, just to be sure, and he'll be back with a rivet and sealant.

We plan on putting some silicone around the rest of those rivets.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hc_1575316322112.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	23722

Lynette & Steve

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, we have the 2019 297, almost identical floorplan. Had the same issue, except water was leaking out the other side by the steps. That is simply the way the water rolled. The "leak" was not seen anywhere as noted above, even when looking thru the heater duct. Our issue was the poor support or lack of support that is at the drain under the shower pan. When there is no weight on the pan, the drain works fine, no leak. So when you try and troubleshoot, nothing appears wrong or leaking at the slip fitting under the pan and the drain. However, in our case, as soon as someone was in the shower, the floor flexed down and the drain separated underneath thereby allowing water from the shower to leak. Once it hit the corrugated underbelly, it simply rolled out based on the path of least amount of resistance (right or left side of frame). Had it on video with someone in the shower so Lazy Days could fix. They simple tightened the fittings under the drain pan.
    Downside is without putting better floor support in, it happened again almost as soon as we left the lot. I cut a couple of small pieces of 2 x 4's and put them on both sides of the drain under the pan( used the opening of the heat duct to place them and a couple of angled screws to hold in place.) Have had no leak issues since, and the shower floor is a lot more stable.

Don't know if that is the issue for yours, but we did all the troubleshooting from water lines to drains( have a W/D unit so had to check those fittings also as it shares a wall with the shower.) But might be worth a look see.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other thought on the rivet being the sole culprit. Don't know how much water was leaking underneath, but would say it would have to be a shower directed right at the rivet to create any type of "flow" to work its way thru the leaking rivet ( picture shows the rivet to be up the wall, not on the floor where water would pool during a shower), down the shower to the floor and then out the basement floor to the frame. Not sure again how much water leak was visible but would suggest to gauge the amount versus what would be required in terms of a water flow at the rivet to create the amount seen outside.... just thinking out loud here so feel free to ignore. Again don't know how much water was seen but that analysis could help in troubleshooting....sorry to send a second post...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast