User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for campgrounds near Seaworld

Looking for a nice place to stay for a week in April 2020 while we go to the Seaworld parks. If all else fails we will go to the Disney camp ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GNCC621 View Post
    Looking for a nice place to stay for a week in April 2020 while we go to the Seaworld parks. If all else fails we will go to the Disney camp ground.
    It might help if you let us know which SeaWorld you're planning on going to, there are many across the country. When we took my grandson to SeaWorld San Diego, we stayed at Fiddlers Cove RV on Naval Amphibious Base Coronado. About a 20 minute drive to SeaWorld and the USS Midway. Very nice campground right on the bay, but one must be active military or retired.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I did not realize there were several. The one in Florida.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only advice, having visited the Orlando attractions decades ago when we lived in Tampa is to look beyond Orlando for RV parks. There seems to be quite a few RV parks in the Kissimmee area. I'd bet they are a lot less expensive than Orlando and are still close to the attractions. We stayed at one we really liked, but I doubt it would suit your needs ;-)

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GNCC621 View Post
    Sorry I did not realize there were several. The one in Florida.
    I use this site to start my searches for campgrounds:
    http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/florida

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stayed in a KOA in Davenport, FL just west of Orlando on I-4 at exit 55. Disney exits I believe are 62, 64 & 67 and Seaworld is right at I-4 exit 71. Campground has nice facilities and was clean. Some restaurants, shopping and a Wawa filling station are very close. You can’t go wrong with Fort Wilderness at WDW but definitely more money.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, our family wants to plan a trip to Disney for the end of Dec 2020 - Jan 4, 2021. For a bout a week. By then we will be full timing in our RV and staying up in Indiana. So we have to travel with the RV from Indiana down to Orlando. Pretty good timing for our travel because we would be headed South Texas for the winter anyway.

Our Grandkids high school marching band will be marching in the Disney parade so part of the family will be staying with the band, part of the family will be staying at Disney through a time share and we get stuck trying to find a campground close. Wife has been looking for a campground to make reservations for the RV. Ft Wilderness is booked up a year and a half from now and one of the KOA's near Disney, she said posted that its closing permanently (don't know which one, don't know why).

So did a search on the forum for alternatives. Found advice on the following Wekiva Falls RV Resort, Tropical Palms, Sherwood Forest, Bill Fredrick Turkey Lake Park, and KOA Davenport (don't know if this is the one closing). Got a couple web sites to check out as well, https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/florida, and https://www.disboards.com/. Some campground will not take reservations that far out (@ a year). For those we will have to wait until sometime in March or later to try to make reservations.

This is a bad time of year with all the snowbirds headed to Fla. May have to look an hour away or more from Disney just to get a site. I told the wife just so it isn't a flee-bag-inn and is easy to get into with the 37 foot RV.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 01-20-2020 at 03:34 PM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ft Wilderness is great, they do allow booking pretty far out and the week that you mentioned is probably the busiest week of the year at Disney. I would just keep checking. A good strategy is to book a night there during the week and keep checking daily if you can add a day at a time, doesnt always work, especially with that week being so popular.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, the wife was able to book a reservation at Bill Fredrick Turkey Lake Park from the 29th Dec 2020 - 5th Jan 2021, should be real close to the Disney theme parks and a heck of a lot cheaper.

So looks like for the trip from Northern Indiana down to Disney Orlando our first night stay over on Dec 27th Dec will be at the Escapee's RV park in Heiskell TN. Next is a stop over at the KOA in Jennings Fla on the 28th, then on to Bill Fredrick Turkey Lake from the 28th Dec to Jan 5th 2020. Got all those reservations made.From there, up next is a trip to Pensocola where my sister lives, staying at the Pensacola RV Park for 30 days. From there who knows!
    But now I have to spend some time with RV Trip Wizard t plan the driving route.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    My only advice, having visited the Orlando attractions decades ago when we lived in Tampa is to look beyond Orlando for RV parks. There seems to be quite a few RV parks in the Kissimmee area. I'd bet they are a lot less expensive than Orlando and are still close to the attractions. We stayed at one we really liked, but I doubt it would suit your needs ;-)

John
    LOL!! I know which campground you are talking about. I keep my 2970 there for 6 months a year!! Full members!!