Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 315 RLTS wiring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

315 RLTS wiring

There are too many different things on a single fuse. We had a short in the awning wiring on the slide out. This also effected the refer, lighting in slide out, and some outlets, all on a single 15 amp fuse! Another issue is when the heater comes on, all of the lights flicker. We absolutely love our floorplan, but I’m concerned about future electrical problems. The dealer had to take one of the walls apart in the slide to fix the short in the awning wiring. This ended up taking 3 weeks, and missing one trip. Not sure why they don’t put wiring in conduit. I think there should be code requirements on these RV’s, just like homes, for the price we pay for them.
    Anyone else having electrical issues?
    By the way, didn't really mean it to be a rant, lol, more interested in other peoples experiences and possible solutions.
    Last edited by 315RLTS; 12-02-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are not the first one to have this issue (awning pops fuse which affects the refer). Myself and one other person reported the same problem. My dealer corrected the issue but I still experience the light flicker/dimming when I extend the awning.
    Jim & Kate
    2019 Ford F350 CC 6.7 Diesel DRW
    2020 Solitude 344GK
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    2017 Ford F250 6.7 Diesel (Sold - already miss her)
    2018 GD Reflection 315RLTS (Sold)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTS View Post
    Anyone else having electrical issues?
    By the way, didn't really mean it to be a rant, lol, more interested in other peoples experiences and possible solutions.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of GD construction. When ever I open up a space or a piece of equipment I look at the wiring even if it is not the reason for checking things out. As a retired engineer, I am appalled at the way things are wired and the nonsensical way they wired unrelated equipment together. I have had wires come apart just by moving them so I remove any quick "connectors" and replace them with crimps and insulate with heat shrink. Every-time I identify an issue I correct it, overloaded circuits, bad routing, lousy connections and so on. It is an ongoing project and I know I am making my TT a safer place to live. The only thing I would suggest is as you come across things like overloaded circuits take the time to have them corrected, you will be safer and happier. Fortunately. I have a background in electrical engineering and a Virgo personality.
    Last edited by Cahriad; 12-02-2019 at 09:23 PM.
    Reflection 297RSTS 2018
    Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi